For the Ravens’ Jones, a Trip Home and 2 Trips Into the End Zone (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Full Story – New York Times.Com

NEW ORLEANS — Jacoby Jones is not the most notable native Louisianian on the Baltimore Ravens; that would be safety Ed Reed. He is also not the Ravens player best known for on-field dancing; that honor goes to the retiring linebacker Ray Lewis.

On Sunday, though, as the Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers, 34-31, in the Super Bowl, Jones starred in his home city and shimmied with a rhythm that surely made Lewis proud. Jones caught one touchdown pass and returned a kickoff 108 yards for another, setting an N.F.L. postseason record, in providing the most explosive moments of the Ravens’ victory.

In a prescient moment, Jones warned the 49ers early in the week not to give him an opportunity in the return game.

“If I were them, I wouldn’t kick it to me, not at all,” he told reporters. But San Francisco kicker David Akers apparently did not get the news. On the opening kickoff of the second half, Akers blasted the ball deep into the Ravens’ end zone, and Jones, eschewing a touchback, brought the ball out.

By Sam Borden / New York Times

Full Story – New York Times.Com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)