For the Saints to make the Playoffs, the following needs to happen (1 Viewer)

"For the Saints to make the Playoffs, the following needs to happen"

Que up Madden?

Honestly, I think if we were somehow to convince the team they were eliminated in August next year, they'd go 16-0.

you mean like how they won their final 2 games last year? that momentum sure did help them out this year :covri:

getting a strong sense of deja'vu back from the Haslett years, when people were doing the same mathematics trying to figure out a way to get in
That's fair. But that's what it looks like when you're middle of the road. You're on the edge of being really bad or you're on the edge of being really good. The question whether we are on the edge of being really good.

2014 was a sore disappointment. We were supposed to compete for a super bowl. No one thought that about this year or last. The talent level simply wasn't there. And we had horrendous I jury issues in the secondary this year, to make matters worse.

Personally, I think we give Payton and this core of players one more year. They have shown the ability to compete with the best of the playoff teams this year, though falling short by the smallest of margins. They have shown they can work together and prove. And we've integrated a ton of young and inexperienced players into key roles. It could be worse. It could be a lot worse.

Now if we don't make it to the playoffs next year, then I think you have to consider getting rid of Payton. But we have to see it through another draft class and another year under this defensive system.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom