For this upcoming season, what are you most excited for and what are you most nervous about? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Bogotá, Colombia - via - Metairie, LA, USA
This has been a crazy year, so clearly we are all just hoping for any type of normal season. I’m sure that’s everyone’s #1 concern right now regarding the team.

Outside of that, I’d like to get some conversations started about what we’re looking forward to and dreading. We don’t have preseason games to watch or analyze, so I figured this could be the next best thing.

3 things I’m most excited about:

1. Our rookies - 1 is hopefully a lock to start, Ruiz, and it’ll probably be at C. Baun and Trautman probably won’t be starters but have the potential to be huge rotational guys.

2. Our 2nd and 3rd year guys stepping up - I’m focusing mainly on McCoy, Duce, and Davenport here. A lot is going to be asked of these 3, so let’s hope all 3 can step up and shine.

3. Added speed and firepower on offense - I’m looking at this from a few different angles. Kamara will be healthier. Sanders compliments Thomas to a T. Harris is incorporated more.

3 things I’m most nervous about:

1. Those toes, ankles, and knees - Rankins, Davenport, Kamara. Those are 3 deadly weapons when they’re healthy. Without them, it may be very difficult to keep this squad on track.

2. Old face old place - We have seen it numerous times in the SP era. We bring back a vet after they left for a few years and expect them to be the same. I hope Jenkins is still good.

3. Unity - How will the new guys be able to adjust and fit in with the team? It’s going to be hard for both vets and rookies get completely comfortable without preseason games.

Most excited about the team overall. I truly think we have the best roster in the league. That doesn’t automatically ensure success but I envision big things for the team this year.

I’m nervous about
Coronavirus ruining the season
Injuries to our key guys (mainly Davenport and Rankins, but would also hate to lose someone like Sanders; Injuries to our superstars goes without saying)
Our LB core (Love Davis, but not sold on Kiko being healthy for a full season nor the rest of the depth)
Parity (I mean winning 4 division titles in a row is pretty hard, right?)

Most excited about the rooks and sophomores.

Most worried about Jenkins and the frequently injured.

Excited: enjoying Drew Brees’s last season as a Saints QB

Nervous: Jenkins and the secondary, any time the opposing offense has a third and long

Excited:
1. Weapons fresh and ready on offense. Sanders addition, Kamara healthy, Cooks fully integrated, Thomas being Thomas. Good depth behind them.
2. Potential of the DBs. Both Jenkins bringing talent and experience. Both should be better in coverage than their predecessor. Ceedy with a year under his belt.
3. DL poised to improve. Rankins with a year after Achilles (if players come back from it this is usually when they do). Davenport ready to breakout. It's time for him to put together a full season after excellent stretches of play. Onyemata bounces back after a down year.

Nervous:
1. Injuries always injuries. I could just list it 3 times. We have better depth than a lot of teams to handle it but I want to see this team full tilt into the playoffs.
2. Middle of o-line. Will Peat put together a full solid season. How will the young guys mesh, especially if McCoy moves to guard.
3. Communication of DBs. I hope vet experience alleviates this but 2 of the 4 staters are pretty new to the team.

Honorable Mention
This could be the last shot at this thing. That could be both nervous and exciting.

Yea Brees’ last year here... I somehow forgot about mentioning that.

God it’s going to be surreal watching another QB under center next year and into the future.

I vaguely remember (born in ‘86) the Hebert years and a turnstile of randoms mixed with couple Billy Joes from my childhood. Then I remember Blake and Brooks more strongly in my teenage years.

I’ve been through it before, but 15 years (minus a handful of games) of watching only Brees lead this team has burned such an image into my mind of what this team is to me that idk how I’m gonna handle seeing someone or, hopefully not but very likely, many others come in and take the reigns.

I'm aging myself by saying this........been a Saints fan since the very beginning (1967).

What I'm most excited is that this may be the most stacked top to bottom Saints team that ANY Saints fan has ever seen..................the thing that I'm nervous about is that in the crazy times that we are arse deep in the middle of something is going to derail what could be something spectacular to watch!!

This is probably the last season we'll be watching Brees do what Brees does and when Brees does what Brees does it's pretty spectacular to watch!!

Excited: To see what Sanders can do in this system, If Murray gets more touches along with AK being healthy. What role will Ty Montgomery have. If Taysom is incorporated more along with Cook balling out in his second year

NERVOUS😬: Will we get to see games and will Covid play a part in a shutdown. Can Dport and Big Rank stay healthy the whole year. Will the 2 minute defense at the end of the game be better (secondary 😰) and CSP management of the game clock.

How can you not be worried about week 1 defense?

Excited for:

1) Football
2) Drew’s possible last season and the ride
3) A little bit of normalcy
4) Another division title
5) Another SB title
6) Watching Demario Davis bust heads

Nervous about:

1) Nothing NFL related because I don’t have any control over anything that happens. Just hoping for the best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom