For Those Of Us Nervous About Deuce... (1 Viewer)

Which HB would you take from 3rd-5th round as insurance for Deuce?

• Chauncey Washington USC (big back with impressive 40 time)

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Tashard Choice GTech

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Steve Slaton WV

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Ray Rice RUT (MJDrew clone?)

Votes: 35 29.4%
  • Chris Johnson E. Car (the 4.24 guy)

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Kevin Smith C Fla

Votes: 24 20.2%
  • Cory Boyd SC

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jamal Charles UT

Votes: 16 13.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I wouldnt be upset if we spent a 3rd-5th rounder on some HB insurance.
I think Lucky Pierre is a reliable backup, but I thought I'd do a poll to see which HB would be a good pick.......I honestly feel that the first 2 picks will be on D, so starting with HBs ranked from the 3rd round......

I like Slaton simply because of his speed. He could be a good returner. No back we select in the 3rd through 5th round will get any real playing time, so ST's value is most important IMO.

Deuce is the greatest Saint ever IMO, but I would love to get Boyd in the 5th or 6th round. Deuce isn't going anywhere, and he's going to have a great season and prove his doubters wrong yet again, but Boyd would be a great back to groom for the future.

Washington has little change of direction skills. I prefer Kevin Smith who is just an absolute beast.

I think we would be better served with Benjarvis Green-Ellis than any of the RB's listed above. 5'10" over 220. Thats the bowling ball we need. Over 1000 yard seasons consistently with 8-9 men in the box. Nuff said

Where's the choice for "don't pick one", We've got 4 already.

That was a misleading poll. Chauncy Washington WAS a big back (225), but he dropped 15 pounds so he could run a faster time and now he's the same size and weight as Pierre Thomas. He's not a big back anymore.

I think Chauncy will do well, but I think we need a POWER back to compliment Reggie and there are other choices who are considered more powerful backs.

I don't have a problem with Chauncy Washington though. But the poll is misleading. :).

I want a big back who will punish the opposition. Something like "the Bus". After a quarter, the other team is tired of seeing him and just plain tired. That's when your speedy backs get the most work done.

Not an answer...

No one. I want Deuce.

Dude...that's not an answer. I think all of us on this thread would love to have the old Duece back, but the question was if the Saints pick up a RB in the draft for insurance/depth at the position, who would you rather have??

Charles from Texas is a small back and reminds me of Reggie Bush (build and body type). He's said to avoid contact but is a breakaway threat. A possible gem of a RB but not what I'm looking for to pick up the slack for Deuce. We need a punishing runner (violent who attacks the line) like Ray Rice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom