For Those Of Us Nervous About Deuce... (1 Viewer)

Which HB would you take from 3rd-5th round as insurance for Deuce?

• Chauncey Washington USC (big back with impressive 40 time)

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Tashard Choice GTech

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Steve Slaton WV

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Ray Rice RUT (MJDrew clone?)

Votes: 35 29.4%
  • Chris Johnson E. Car (the 4.24 guy)

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Kevin Smith C Fla

Votes: 24 20.2%
  • Cory Boyd SC

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jamal Charles UT

Votes: 16 13.4%

• Total voters
I voted for Choice, after some thought.

I saw him on TV 3 times this past year, and is a killer, at times unstopable to where you say 'wow'

They just kept ramming him down the opponents throat, and even though the D knew GT would run it, they just couldn't stop him.

But he is another one of these 205-210 pound players. We already have 3.

I admit I don't know who many of the choices in the poll are, but I think I want a later round big guy.

Which of those folks fits that bill?

ddd

Where's the choice for "don't pick one", We've got 4 already.

That's my choice too.

However, if Deuce is cut next week, I want a Deuce clone to replace Stecker. That would have to be Matt Forte, who may be gone by our 2nd round pick.

i keep hearing that we will be a third round pick because of who they played if he does fall to 3 he is hard to pass up.

i keep hearing that we will be a third round pick because of who they played if he does fall to 3 he is hard to pass up.

Well, that makes sense to me, except for the part about who you are talking about.

I doubt that we will be a third round pick.

OK,

ddd

I went with Charles. I think he'll be the best of the bunch, even though his speed is somewhat redundant in our backfield since we already have Reggie. If I'm drafting strictly for another powerful RB I would be leaning more towards Rice.

Tashard is THE Choice. I've seen several G.T. games in the past few years and he always stuck out, even in the shadow of Calvin Johnson. So I was always curious to know why he's ranked as low as he is: He's got good size, speed, agility and he's produced, but more than that, put the pads on, the kid can play football. He's not Chris Johnson fast, but he's a smooth, fluid athlete that can go in any direction. He's got good vision and sound instincts. Whoever drafts him will be getting a steal; I took him with Philly in the "non-experts" mock, even though we have Westbrook because he was simply, in my eyes, the BPA. But don't take my word for it:

YouTube - Tashard Choice for Heisman Georgia Tech football

Tashard is THE Choice. I've seen several G.T. games in the past few years and he always stuck out, even in the shadow of Calvin Johnson. So I was always curious to know why he's ranked as low as he is: He's got good size, speed, agility and he's produced, but more than that, put the pads on, the kid can play football. He's not Chris Johnson fast, but he's a smooth, fluid athlete that can go in any direction. He's got good vision and sound instincts. Whoever drafts him will be getting a steal; I took him with Philly in the "non-experts" mock, even though we have Westbrook because he was simply, in my eyes, the BPA. But don't take my word for it:

YouTube - Tashard Choice for Heisman Georgia Tech football

I like the guy.

I swear, GT was lining him up in a backfield with no QB, just Choice, direct snap, everybody on the field knows its a run since GT runs it on every down. None of the teams I saw could stop him, LOL.

Then GT would line up and run the play two more times during the drive.

I just wish he was heavier.

(Edit to add: Maybe we should be looking at GT OLinemen?)

ddd

None!! Trade the 3rd round pick and next years second to Oakland for Micheal Bush.:scratch:

Deuce just is not going to be the player he was. I would love for us to have that power runner in the other Bush. Hey, Oakland have a stable of backs and they are targeting McFadden.

Oakland
Jordan
Rhodes
Fargas
Bush
Then they might snatch McFadden out the draft.

I would love to trade the 3rd round for some brand new tires.:plus-un2:

None.....I predict that PT will be the unquestionable starter at the beginning of the season.....Deuce will be the short yds runner at least at the beginning of the season, then it all depends how his knees hold up....Reggie will get back to the same role he had 2 years ago....Stecker will be PTs backup.....

None!! Trade the 3rd round pick and next years second to Oakland for Micheal Bush.:scratch:

we don't need to waste that many draft choices on a player we do not need
and the announcers would get confused with 2 people named Bush at RB
We can;t trade next year's second anyway (Vilma compensation)

I think Ray Rice would be a good selection from that list, but we don't need to waste a 3rd or a 5th on an RB.

I'm going with Ray Rice. I love Steve Slaton and all but
Rice is the premier power runner in the Big East.
Slaton is a spread guy. I'd like to see Denver draft Slaton.
He'd fit their style in the backfield.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom