For those of us who have never known a Saints team without a HOF QB under center... (1 Viewer)

...what's it like?

Posters around these parts speak about Aaron Brooks and even the Cajun Cannon in a way that makes me think that everything pre-2006 was the “bad old days” (at least on offense, other than with Archie - apparently we were just terrible at every other position then). But was it really that bad??

AB must have caught fire at some stage. Bobby obviously took us to the playoffs. Jake Delhomme must have had a good training camp or something. There still must be a few famous road wins? Some game-winning fourth quarter drives?

And surely we have more talent at our skilled positions than those old Saints teams too!?

Somebody say something comforting for those of us who might be spending $10,000.00+ to come from overseas to follow the team around for a month in November.

PS: I'm not counting Luke McCown's start a few years back, or TB last year when Dome field advantage was sewn up.

Poison Plenty of good times without a HoF QB. Many Saints fans have developed a sense of entitlement in the SP-DB era. For us older fans we learned to love a different team. We found guys to root for, an offensive line man , a Safety a WR and the only thing that mattered was that they competed and left it all on the field. 1 or 2 spectacular plays in a game a great catch a good run a crushing tackle or even a paper airplane sailing from the dome terrace to midfield with the dome crowd cheering it on. It was about the joy in both the 1:1 and Team vs Team competition,the experience and the fun, not about the winning or the playoffs. Take your trip , look for these things meet some nice folks, drink a few bears eat some good food and Geaux Whodats

...what's it like?

Posters around these parts speak about Aaron Brooks and even the Cajun Cannon in a way that makes me think that everything pre-2006 was the “bad old days” (at least on offense, other than with Archie - apparently we were just terrible at every other position then). But was it really that bad??

AB must have caught fire at some stage. Bobby obviously took us to the playoffs. Jake Delhomme must have had a good training camp or something. There still must be a few famous road wins? Some game-winning fourth quarter drives?

And surely we have more talent at our skilled positions than those old Saints teams too!?

Somebody say something comforting for those of us who might be spending $10,000.00+ to come from overseas to follow the team around for a month in November.

PS: I'm not counting Luke McCown's start a few years back, or TB last year when Dome field advantage was sewn up.

Something positive??

Teddy Bridgewater had a winning record with Minnesota.

This is not Mora or Haslet Saints, this is Sean Payton coached team

The same coach that found Tony Romo, the same coach that took s short QB with a surgically repaired shoulder , that Miami doctors said he was done, and help make him a HOF QB.

We were tied with the Rams in 3 quarters with backup QB on their home turf.
A backup who was not prepared with the ones.
In a game where the refs were not helping (took away points and momentum) . Jarred Cook having bad game and gave them an interception on promising drive

I'm going to reserve judgment until he Teddy has a full 2 weeks with the ones.

The Saints will play 2 very good defenses, one at their house and one at the Dome . Then I can make judgment on if Bridgewater is the man.

I'll put it this way - my least favorite household activity is mowing the yard. Before Payton/Brees, I would get so angry watching the Saints play, that I would go mow the yard because it was preferable to watching the game.

Payton/Brees got me so excited about football again, I actually sought out a place to talk with other Saints fans.

<-- Notice my join date

You would never see Bobby Hebert smiling after interceptions. That said, Bobby did fly the Falcon when he won against us. AB had more physical talent, but Hebert was smarter and a much better game manager.
AB had a degree in Anthropology. He was just inconsistent. He was also Michael Vick’s cousin. Hebert was tough and played with fire.

Oh man... its almost like another life hahah... i remember being excited when we drafted Danny Weurfel, because for whatever reason i thought he was going to be big stuff. Lol.

I guess you could call it hope... always hoping.

Im also a big AB fan, at his best he could be as good as anyone, at his worst he could as bad as anyone, but man when he was on, he was near impossible to stop. Strong arm perfect spiral - and i still believe that Haz and company are the reason for the big time drop off with us toward the end of his time here- But he will always be the guy who led us to our first playoff win, and he deserves a ton of credit for that.

Well after thinking Fourcade was the answer during the strike games, Brooks was that little light at the end of a long tunnel for most of us..... do we have a QB now..... Along with the our first playoff win.... So more are less Brooks gave us some hope that we would eventually find one.....

you missed out on danny wherful and steve walsh, those two seemed fairly good to us then bobby hebert and jake delhome came along and we thought we had a good QB with bobby lol. he did manage the clock well though, bobby ran that clock down to 2-3 every time before he snapped it.

then there was chad everett and jeff george and just about every old QB any team discarded that could still complete 20 yard passes

Oh boy those were some bad years at QB good thing we had a defense to make it entertaining.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom