For those of us with any long-covid issues, also know as covid long haulers. (2 Viewers)

My last Dr visit a month ago, my doctor told me my iron was lower than he liked. He had me do a colonguard test. he said that low iron could be sign of colon cancer. Luckily that came back negative, He said some people just have low iron and he didn't see anything else that threw up a red flag. Now i am wondering if the 2 times i had covid has something to do with that. never had problems in the past.
Never had high blood pressure, never had a vitamin D deficiency or low T until after Covid. I used to be able to stay up untill midnight, wake up at 4:30 with no problem, now if i stay up past 10:30, i feel tired the whole next day, Until i started taking blood pressure and Vitamin D medication, at least i don't feel like death in the mornings anymore. Maybe its all a coincidence, but i doudt it.

At first I thought I had some allergies to new pet, but now my Doc thinks I have long covid. I have chest congestion and wheezing that will not clear up. But it's not all the time. It's intermittent. I also get a ridiculous amount of mucus production with it, in my chest. The other night I thought I was going to drown in it. He says it should "burn off" in a year (which means about 6 more months.)

After 2 more ER trips, and a week long stay in the hospital, and consulting with a pulmonologist, I do not have long COVID, but I do have an auto-immune disease that *may* have been created when I got COVID.

I'll see an Allergist April 2nd to identify what's triggering my hyper IGE responses (which causes me to have asthma-like symptoms. In the mean time I have to take 5 different meds every day to suppress my immuno-response.

The doctor did say that it could be something I have had my whole life but my body was just able to deal with it when I was young, active, and healthy, which isn't the case so much anymore.

My last Dr visit a month ago, my doctor told me my iron was lower than he liked. He had me do a colonguard test. he said that low iron could be sign of colon cancer. Luckily that came back negative, He said some people just have low iron and he didn't see anything else that threw up a red flag. Now i am wondering if the 2 times i had covid has something to do with that. never had problems in the past.
Never had high blood pressure, never had a vitamin D deficiency or low T until after Covid. I used to be able to stay up untill midnight, wake up at 4:30 with no problem, now if i stay up past 10:30, i feel tired the whole next day, Until i started taking blood pressure and Vitamin D medication, at least i don't feel like death in the mornings anymore. Maybe its all a coincidence, but i doudt it.

Well, I will tell you that getting old sucks. Covid or not. I used to stay up till 3 and wake 7 and never minded at all. Actually saw it as a benefit, but now I'm asleep usually by midnight and wake at 4 half the time.

Also, blood pressure meds can have all sorts of effects on people depending on what you're taking. My brother got lethargic and fat on one till they switched him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom