For those of us with any long-covid issues, also know as covid long haulers. (1 Viewer)

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Wanted to make a separate thread for those of us dealing with it. It can really help to be able to relate to others and know you aren't alone.

My current issues are nerve pain all along my ribs, mostly intercostal not under the ribs. Also have issues with tingling in feet or hands at times. Blood pressure can fluctuate as well as inconsistent heart rate. Even get some episodes of IBS at times, but not as often.

Had a very light case of covid at the end of July into Aug, and about 2 weeks after testing negative the long covid issues started.

Also I am vaccinated and was a break through infection.

Wanted to make a separate thread for those of us dealing with it. It can really help to be able to relate to others and know you aren't alone.

My current issues are nerve pain all along my ribs, mostly intercostal not under the ribs. Also have issues with tingling in feet or hands at times. Blood pressure can fluctuate as well as inconsistent heart rate. Even get some episodes of IBS at times, but not as often.

Had a very light case of covid at the end of July into Aug, and about 2 weeks after testing negative the long covid issues started.

My sister dealt with for about 4-5 months.

Had her last echo cardio last month - all clear.

She was part of the long covid study at NAtional Jewish in Denver. Her symptoms varied day to day, month to month. From fatigue, headaches, tingling/bp/heart rate ( as you described ) as well as brain fog. she had to get an ECG monthly.

It was most prominent in the first 1-3 months post COVID, waning the final 2-3 months. Now she is just about back to feeling normal. So hopefully you will follow suit.

My sister dealt with for about 4-5 months.

Had her last echo cardio last month - all clear.

She was part of the long covid study at NAtional Jewish in Denver. Her symptoms varied day to day, month to month. From fatigue, headaches, tingling/bp/heart rate ( as you described ) as well as brain fog. she had to get an ECG monthly.

It was most prominent in the first 1-3 months post COVID, waning the final 2-3 months. Now she is just about back to feeling normal. So hopefully you will follow suit.
I hope so too, on reddit there are people who have been dealing with long haul issues for over a year, I really feel for these people.

I went from a person who almost never went to the Dr, to seeing 6 different doctors in 3 months time to ascertain what is going on.. most of them just shrugged their shoulders.

I hope so too, on reddit there are people who have been dealing with long haul issues for over a year, I really feel for these people.

I went from a person who almost never went to the Dr, to seeing 6 different doctors in 3 months time to ascertain what is going on.. most of them just shrugged their shoulders.

My sister will tell you how lucky she was to have National Jewish Health in Denver. They were one of the first to acknowledge and understand "long covid" and not simply dismiss.

so they created a "long covid" dept that encompassed ALL those different docs into one treatment protocol

https://www.nationaljewish.org/directory/center-for-post-covid-19-care-and-recovery

Are there any near you with anything like that?

My sister will tell you how lucky she was to have National Jewish Health in Denver. They were one of the first to acknowledge and understand "long covid" and not simply dismiss.

so they created a "long covid" dept that encompassed ALL those different docs into one treatment protocol

https://www.nationaljewish.org/directory/center-for-post-covid-19-care-and-recovery

Are there any near you with anything like that?
Actually just called. They actually have a program to where I could go out there for a week to 10 days and most of it would be covered. Thanks for the info.

As someone whose entire immediate family (parents, siblings) caught COVID and survived, long COVID is the thing that concerns me the most. Because of where the conversation has gone in this country, we make things so black and white and it has turned outright ugly, we put more emphasis on the vaccine than the fact that there are those out there, vaccinated and unvaccinated, that are suffering from long COVID, yet there seems to be little research around it and people made light of it. I appreciate you make this, as there are those, directly or indirectly, that deals with this, and this can remove us from the noise of warring factions around this topic.

I had it a year ago. Mine was mild, but since then I have an itchy spot on the back of my first nuckle on 2nd finger that is slightly swollen and annoying. The index toe on my left food will not bend backwards and has been slightly swollen for almost a year. It doesn't really hurt, but it is stiff.

My wife had it at the same time and her smell is not back to normal.

I hope your symptoms and those of others pass soon. IT's an odd damn disease.

As someone whose entire immediate family (parents, siblings) caught COVID and survived, long COVID is the thing that concerns me the most. Because of where the conversation has gone in this country, we make things so black and white and it has turned outright ugly, we put more emphasis on the vaccine than the fact that there are those out there, vaccinated and unvaccinated, that are suffering from long COVID, yet there seems to be little research around it and people made light of it. I appreciate you make this, as there are those, directly or indirectly, that deals with this, and this can remove us from the noise of warring factions around this topic.
It really helps to talk about it, because some people think there is something seriously wrong when it's just some very heinous long covid effects. There were times I thought I was going to have a heart attack or that my liver was shutting down. But after blood tests and an ekg they tell me nothing is wrong.

I hope your symptoms and those of others pass soon. IT's an odd damn disease.
The funny think about smell. I still have some smell issues but I dont mind them, I can no longer smell bad smells. So people who dont bathe, rotten anything or crop dusting has no impact on me.

I got Covid back in Covid in Sept 2020, and i don't have any serious (as of now) long Covid issues other than being extremely tried every morning. Not just regular tired, more like having to drag myself out of the bed. I have never been a morning person, but i have never really struggled in the mornings as i do now. once i finally get going, I'm fine, but just those 10 minutes when i finally get out of the bed are terrible.
It hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten any better.

My kids caught covid in September. None of them report any long covid symptoms, but they have all had stomach flu twice and a pretty nasty cold since then. One of them had a full body rash a couple weeks ago. They have missed so much school this semester. All three younger children had mild covid symptoms.

My kindergartener, who was the first to get sick with covid, said she probably caught it from another kid who had it playing the dragon game. When asked what the dragon game was, she replied "it's when you open your mouth and pretend to breath fire into your friends mouths."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom