For Those of You Who Want Bernard Berrian (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I guessed in another thread (too lazy to find it) that he'd want something in the ballpark of 4 years, $26 mil, $10m guaranteed. I thought that would be a ridiculous price to pay.

I actually underestimated. According to the PFT Rumor Mill:

"Berrian wants $24.5 million over the first three years, and bonuses north of $12 million"

Over $8m a year for the guy is ridiculous. If you think paying Samuel $11m a year is bad, this is way worse. Let the Vikings have him.

Plus, is there any evidence that Berrian can catch a ball that isn't wobbling all over the place and either horribly overthrown, underthrown or misplaced?

He may have trouble adjusting to a team with a quarterback.

Not worth the money or time considering him in my opinion.

(plus, he screwed me in two FF games this year.../shakes fist)

He turned down a 5 year 25mill with 8 mill to sign from the Bears.....He thinks he can get more from someone else......I hope is not the Saints

We already have someone on the team exactly like him....Devery Henderson

It was surprising that Chicago didn't put the franchise tag on wide receiver Bernard Berrian, because the Bears may not find a receiver as good as him -- unless they can get Moss, of course. The next options with deep speed are Drew Carter of the Panthers, D.J. Hackett of the Seahawks, Devery Henderson of the Saints and Stallworth, and each one will come in at $4 million to $5 million a year. The Texans' Andre Davis is also going to make $5 million a year, and no one is 100 percent certain he's a starter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3267228

We don't need a starting WR...we have Colston Copper/Meachem...you know Peyton will pursue some debt in the draft. I'm really hoping we resign Patten. I'd rather him than Berrian anyway.

I really thought Berrian would be a great fit here....but not at that price. Too bad...

We don't need a starting WR...we have Colston Copper/Meachem...you know Peyton will pursue some debt in the draft. I'm really hoping we resign Patten. I'd rather him than Berrian anyway.

Couldn't disagree more! We are an injury to Colston away from being completely depleted at the WR position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom