For those saying the Superbowl is rigged (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
For everyone saying that the NFL wants a Packers/Chiefs Superbowl during the 100th anniversary season...I watched both games yesterday and neither had any overly horrendous calls in them. There were a few questionable calls as in any game but nothing to decide a game imo. Now...if there is some terrible officiating next week in the Packers and Chiefs favor...then yes I will buy into this theory because I do not trust the NFL.

Does the average fan care at all if there’s a KC vs Green Bay Super Bowl rematch? If it happens, at most that’s an interesting side note and little else.

Wouldn’t this conspiracy theory make more sense when the League celebrated Super Bowl 50?

I dont care for playoffs and SB anymore

Just enjoying every win of the season, every record our team or players break and the fun when others fall flat.

Everything after week 17 is just nice to have… at least NE is out aswell

I am excited about tonight's championship game. I am also oddly excited about the Saints next year. We have proven the last few years that we can bring in young studs and that the team is in good hands. We have exciting possibilities at QB that will be interesting and entertaining no matter how it plays out. We have a coach that knows how to get the most out of QBs and the team is only short a few pieces.

having said all that, Ive got to step away from SSF for a while. I get that the reactions are coming right after a loss but we are through a whole other round of playoffs and the posts (not this one) are getting worse not better. It really feels like the board is half full of paranoid schizophrenics.

I really don't think they care who wins but they do want an exciting game and may help that along, so watch for uncalled holding and other "judgement" calls at the end of the halfs.

It has already been admitted by the NFL that they don't want a flag to affect the out come of a game.

The notion that the league has rigged this year's Super Bowl to ensure a Kansas City-Green Bay game doesn't--to put it charitably--make any sense.

Prefatorily, as noted above, few care from a historical standpoint whether Kansas City and Green Bay play in this year's Super Bowl. (The notable exception is State Farm.)

But a conspiracy by the NFL? The collective market value of the 32 NFL teams is perhaps 65 to 100 billion dollars. Were it disclosed that the league rigged a Super Bowl contest, the business model of the league would be devastated, reducing by certainly 50 percent, if not 75 or 80 percent, the collective market value of the teams. Plus, people who are quite financially comfortable would go to prison. The risks are substantial. And the rewards? For the league, they really don't exist.

I can accept that people are greedy, and do stupid and even criminal things. We do have the college-admissions scandal as evidence. But when one considers the risks and the rewards of a conspiracy to ensure that two particular teams play in the Super Bowl--or that a particular team does not play--a conspiracy makes no sense. Further, a conspiracy by definition means more than one person--and here a number of people--are involved. The more people involved, the more difficult it is to conceal the crime.

PS Now State Farm, or its advertising firm, is a different matter. I am joking. Kind of.

Last edited:
Before the season when those State Farm commercials started airing I joked that the NFL would try to rig a Mahommes/Rodgers Super Bowl plus you would have the added storyline of a Super Bowl I rematch for the 100 anniversary of the league. I was just joking about it but now that there is a strong possibility it actually happens I have to say its all a coincidence. I watched all the playoff games so far and other than a few things here or there I didn't see anything other than that if it does end up being Packers/Chiefs its because they are the better teams.

For everyone saying that the NFL wants a Packers/Chiefs Superbowl during the 100th anniversary season...I watched both games yesterday and neither had any overly horrendous calls in them. There were a few questionable calls as in any game but nothing to decide a game imo. Now...if there is some terrible officiating next week in the Packers and Chiefs favor...then yes I will buy into this theory because I do not trust the NFL.

Graham didn’t get the 1st down but was awarded it that sealed the game

If a call goes against the Saints unfavorably, then the league is rigged. SMH
Sometimes you have to just tip the cap to the better team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom