For those SUPPLEMENTING noise with your phones (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sticky Post
Don't forget to keep your phone charged until the last possible moment and bring a battery booster if you have one. Make sure it's charged too.

Also kill the wifi and lower screen brightness.

Last edited:

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If people are going to do this, might want to hold off and go with screaming initially and see how the game evolves.

Batteries go fast so if looks like the kind of game where it's in doubt in the 4th quarter, save the battery for 2nd half...

anoldfan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Anyone remember the “good old days” when they used to penalize the home team for delay of game because of excessive noise? I wonder if that rule still exists. To enforce it today would be a huge mistake for some naive official.😜

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone remember the “good old days” when they used to penalize the home team for delay of game because of excessive noise? I wonder if that rule still exists. To enforce it today would be a huge mistake for some naive official.😜
If the fans cause several penalties against the Rams, and help win the game, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the No Fun League tries to make excessive noise illegal. They've already changed a couple of rules because of the Saints.

OP
OP
Epic Brownie
Reaction score
If people are going to do this, might want to hold off and go with screaming initially and see how the game evolves.

Batteries go fast so if looks like the kind of game where it's in doubt in the 4th quarter, save the battery for 2nd half...
Battery bricks work too if you have them.

Moot Point

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I remember. Which only provoked the crowd in the Dome to get louder.

I just found this in a Wikipedia entry for an NFL official, Dick Hantak, "Hantak was most notable for being involved in a game that would result in the elimination of the excessive crowd noise rule from the NFL because of the actions during an exhibition game preceding the 1989 NFL season between the Cincinnati Bengals and New Orleans Saints at the Louisiana Superdome. Prior to the snap to begin a play, Bengals quarterback Boomer Esiason constantly complained to Hantak about the loud crowd noise inside of the dome and would embellish his reactions in protest over the newly created rule. Esiason would later admit that he was put up to the task by then head coach Sam Wyche.[1] "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Hantak

I found an old UPI article, titled, "NFL modifies crowd-noise rule," which referenced that game, "The rule was enforced four times during the preseason, including a game between New Orleans and Cincinnati in which the Saints lost all three timeouts in the first half and were accessed a penalty before the crowd quieted down."

Read more: https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/09/08/NFL-modifies-crowd-noise-rule/9985621230400/#ixzz5dASnIt9o

So Saints fans helped force the NFL to back off the stupid rule. :LOL:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brennan77 Everything Else Board 0

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom