For those who care...new Macs are among us... (1 Viewer)

Are you unhappy with your purchase?

I am very much happy with it. It is a fantastic computer. I was joking about selling it. I intend to set my wife up with a computer room when the youngest daughter moves out and I may upgrade and let her have the one I've got.

New Imac benchmarks. The I7 looks sweet.

Attachments

• 043238-imac-core-i7-core-i5-benchmarks.jpg
    043238-imac-core-i7-core-i5-benchmarks.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 92
Boss man just bought me a new 21.5 inch iMac for me to bring home and use... has to be the coolest looking, fastest mac I've ever used. a big improvement over the 10+ year old G4 computer I was using. Still waiting for the 27inch iMac to be delivered which will be my computer to use at work...

Just don't use that in a smokey room since it voids the warranty.

I can get a 27" with better specs than my 24" for less money... Hmmmmmm.... a 27" right next to a 24".... very tempting... especially if you drop Synergy onto both of those... one kb, one mouse, two HUGE computers.

I just bought a 24" iMac about two months ago. I had no idea they were coming out with a new one. It kinda ****** me off. I would have just waited if I would have known.

Anybody in the market for a slightly used iMac? Now I have to figure out how to justify having two iMacs.

Go to macrumors.com before buying a new mac. They'll let you know if new macs are coming down the line...

I appreciate that bit of information. I will keep it in mind in the future.

I am getting one of the new 27" iMacs. My sister felt sorry for me and bought my old one. And by old, I mean 4 months old. She gave me $1200. My new one is at her house now and I will pick it up tomorrow. She needed a new one and though the iMac is way more than she would ever get on her own, she just wanted to help me out. What a sister.

After reading all the positive reviews in this thread makes it all that much better. I am impressed with the one that I am using now, but I can't wait for the new one. I'll find out this weekend if it is for real.

PROCESSOR -2.8GHZ QUAD-CORE INTEL CORE I7
MEMORY -8GB 1066MHZ DDR3 SDRAM - 4X2GB
HARD DRIVE -1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
GRAPHICS -ATI RADEON HD 4850 512MB
OPTICAL DRIVE -8X DOUBLE-LAYER SUPERDRIVE

Last edited:
I'm typing this on my new 27" iMac. It is sweet. Knock on wood, I have not had any of the problems reported about cracked screen and other problems with the monitor. I will be keeping an eye out for them and will let y'all know if I have any.

I don't really know much about computers, but this one seems mighty sweet. I don't do anything fancy and this thing is way overkill for anything that I do right now.

The magic mouse works better than I expected it to. It is actually better than the one with the ball scroll that goes with my sister's second rate 24" iMac. It is very responsive.

Graphics are great, and it is superfast.

I'm typing this on my new 27" iMac. It is sweet. Knock on wood, I have not had any of the problems reported about cracked screen and other problems with the monitor. I will be keeping an eye out for them and will let y'all know if I have any.

I don't really know much about computers, but this one seems mighty sweet. I don't do anything fancy and this thing is way overkill for anything that I do right now.

The magic mouse works better than I expected it to. It is actually better than the one with the ball scroll that goes with my sister's second rate 24" iMac. It is very responsive.

Graphics are great, and it is superfast.

Agreed.. Typing on my new 21 inch iMac.. and I'm absolutely amazed at the monitor, the graphics, the speed. Awaiting the new 27inch for work, and I can only imagine how big that screen must look.

I know it's been out for awhile now.. but this new iPhoto and its face recognition is incredible. Picked one pic of one of my kids.. labeled it with the right name.. then it went on to find every other darn picture of the kid, regardless of age, baby pics, teenager pics.. picks with Goggles on, different colored hair etc etc.. Didn't do such a good job on Dog Face recognition though :)

I just can't get over that anyone is actually selling an entry level laptop for $1000 these days...

I just can't get over that anyone is actually selling an entry level laptop for $1000 these days...

It's a matter of quality. I bought a Macbook for 999 and I've had it for 3 years with zero issue. Everyone I know who bought the 499 Toshibas and whatnot because they were cheaper has bought two computers since. Go figure.

I guess. I still have and use parts from my first laptop. In a year it's time to upgrade. I can't see hanging onto the same technology for that long anymore. It's a PC, not a car.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom