For those who care...new Macs are among us... (1 Viewer)

yeah, saw the 27inch yesterday.. boss man says he's gonna get me one for the office, and let me take my current iMac home :9:

:gosaints:

I'm gonna grab a 27 inch i5 quad core in a week or two. The new mouse looks really interesting. Looking forward to being able to shed the 'macs can't game' moniker very shortly with the new graphics processors.

Make sure you watch the video on the front page, it contains some great information on the product.

I'm gonna grab a 27 inch i5 quad core in a week or two. The new mouse looks really interesting. Looking forward to being able to shed the 'macs can't game' moniker very shortly with the new graphics processors.

Make sure you watch the video on the front page, it contains some great information on the product.

For the lazy among us, what's the graphics processor, price tag, and max memory on that box?

For the lazy among us, what's the graphics processor, price tag, and max memory on that box?

27-inch models only, one of the following:
2.66GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.2GHz
2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46GHz; Hyper-Threading for up to eight virtual cores
4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; four SO-DIMM slots support up to 16GB.

27-inch model with dual-core processor, one of the following:
ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR3 memory
ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory
27-inch model with quad-core processor:
ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory

2560 by 1600 resolution

21 starts at 1199 and 27 starts at 1699

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/ho...CBOOK-TECH+SPECS&cp=BUYNOW-MACBOOK-TECH+SPECS

I used to kinda pooh-pooh on Macs when I was a PC gamer. Now that I just surf and download and do some light video editing, I might be opened minded.

Edit: No. **** Mac. I'm not changing.

I just bought a 24" iMac about two months ago. I had no idea they were coming out with a new one. It kinda ****** me off. I would have just waited if I would have known.

Anybody in the market for a slightly used iMac? Now I have to figure out how to justify having two iMacs.

I just bought a 24" iMac about two months ago. I had no idea they were coming out with a new one. It kinda ****** me off. I would have just waited if I would have known.

Anybody in the market for a slightly used iMac? Now I have to figure out how to justify having two iMacs.

That's kinda what life is like on the PC side of things too. You buy a new laptop/desktop and Dell/HP/Sony/etc will have a new one out in a few weeks. I've just come to accept that what happens will happen. I don't have any control over it, so I might as well enjoy what I've got.

However, Apple does have an exchange policy if you buy a new Mac within a certain time period of a newly released product. I'm sure someone knows the specifics.

As for me, I've started saving up for a 27" iMac with the i7. I know I could sell my current MacBook Pro and get at least $800 but it still has a lot of life left in it after three years. So, for now, I'm mulling it over.

I'm also considering getting a MacPro instead but the iMac will handle the processing needs of my VMware lab and have plenty of room for memory expansion (16GB). Of course the MacPro can have up to 8 cores and uses desktop memory, so there are a lot of considerations to think about before I put down any coin.

I want a Mac book pro 15" !!!! I wonder if they are getting new models ready?? wondering in nirvana

That's a gorgeous wireless keyboard and the "magic mouse" thing is intriguing.

I like the tactile feel of the macbook keyboards, and that's all this keyboard is - plus mounted to (what I assume is) an aluminum frame.

I'm skeptical that it would beat out my Das Keyboards, though - save for the wired vs bluetooth thing.

Last edited:

Are you unhappy with your purchase?

New Macs are always coming around the corner it seems so after a few months, whatever you bought will typically be out of the "new" area with something improved

I have had my iMac/MBP for 2 years now and am extremely happy and content

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom