For those who care, PFF NO-ARI Grades (1 Viewer)

He got beat in man coverage playing the slot against two lightening fast WRs.

He is a safety after all. I guess Allen was forced to play him there because of injuries.

They've compared him to Vaccaro and I noted last week in the Bucs game that they basically replaced Vaccaro's role with Bell. He's not the athlete that Vaccaro is nor is he seasoned enough to win those matchups with the regularity that Kenny does. Should actually make us appreciate Kenny that much more with how he can blank out a slot guy but because the guy isn't targeted and he doesn't get a stat it looks like he had a quiet game. Also the injuries point is spot on. If you have a legit NB then you just play him where Vaccaro was an instead of running a big nickel you just run a standard nickel. In other words Harper doesn't get that amount of snaps.

Main reason I'd like to see us keep Moore and go after Hayden. That would put Moore/PJ Williams to battle for the #3 spot and PJ Williams as far as tackling/aggressiveness isn't that big of a drop off from Vaccaro.

Team should be much better next year so long as we don't have another huge rash of injuries. Allen did an amazing job considering the circumstances.

Sorry, but that simply isn't the case. Even if the injury history wasn't a concern (and it's a huge one), he isn't anywhere near elite.

Luckily, there are a bunch of prospects in this draft who could potentially become that type of player. Or they could fill that spot with a free agent.

Sorry, but that simply isn't the case. Even if the injury history wasn't a concern (and it's a huge one), he isn't anywhere near elite.

Luckily, there are a bunch of prospects in this draft who could potentially become that type of player. Or they could fill that spot with a free agent.

I agree, was just providing what I assume is the answer to that question. We haven't seen enough of him to rely on him being the answer. He was promising in his limited time, but not clearly an elite presence that we need on the left side.

He got beat in man coverage playing the slot against two lightening fast WRs.

He is a safety after all. I guess Allen was forced to play him there because of injuries.
The TD he gave up in the 4th quarter that got Webb frustrated looked more like traditional 2 high safety defense. Webb was supposed to play in front and Bell was supposed to help over the top, but he just didn't get there in time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom