For those who want to trade down (1 Viewer)

SF has 15 picks this year. There is no room for more than 3-4 rookies to make the squad. They would be silly to not to make a move up.
I have serious doubts Tavon makes it to us at 15, there are several rumors going around that Miami is interested and they have 2 picks in the 2nd round also.
Reggie Bush's replacement? Team him up with Wallace...look out:no:.

I am reading rumors about the Jets too....we shall see.

That seems like a little overboard.

Maybe a 1st and a 4th

Swap 1sts and their 2nd 2nd. That almost equates to a first and a third since their 2nd 2nd is at the end of that round.

Seems like something they would do, if all the rumors are true that they want TA. Wonder who started that rumor, was it one of us speculating again?

said it in another thread - Austin may get picked up by the Panties with their pick. I have confidence in that happening to replace Steve Smith

@Joe_Garcia49: RT “@EliNachmany: Reports indicate that the #49ers have interest in Tavon Austin; could trade with #Saints for No. 15 and nab the WR there.”

Trade value

Saints - 15th overall = 1050

49ers - 31st overall = 600 + their 2nd (61st overall) = 292 = 892

They'd have to give us something else worth more than 158 point difference since they're trading up, so at least a 4th. They're 4th is not worth enough so it'd have to be a 3rd.

So for the Saints 15th the 49ers give their 1st (31st), 2nd (61st) and 3rd (93rd)

They may have to give up a 4th too actually.

The points chart goes right out the window if a team wants someone bad enough.

Another thing that amazed me.. Bill Polian went so far as to say on Sirius Radio he would just hang up on another GM if he started talking points chart.. said a lot of the GM's don't use it. :scratch:

@Joe_Garcia49: RT “@EliNachmany: Reports indicate that the #49ers have interest in Tavon Austin; could trade with #Saints for No. 15 and nab the WR there.”

Ok, well, Loomis have a chance here to fill a number of holes for us with that move...especially if they want him bad enough.

Another thing that amazed me.. Bill Polian went so far as to say on Sirius Radio he would just hang up on another GM if he started talking points chart.. said a lot of the GM's don't use it. :scratch:

I'm not surprised. The draft pick points chart that so many people refer to is based on the chart Jimmy Johnson devised while at Dallas. Johnson used it as a general guide, not as a definitive value system. I think most GM's probably use some sort of draft pick value system. They also understand that the other teams value draft picks differently, so they know it's pointless to refer to their "points chart" when talking to another team. To do so probably seems amateurish to most GM's.

One understanding I have of the chart is that the team wanting the trade to move up has to give more than the "chart" indicates. You want it, you are going to pay top value for it.

If the saints think a trade this like might happen, they should bring TA in for a private workout. Get teams thinking chance Saints might take him.

agreed. i like bringing him in. but cant show our hand too much. wouldnt want to have the niners trade above us.

Something like this will probably happen, the 49ers have 14 picks, there's no way they can pick 14 players and use them all. They have to maximize their haul by scoring an impact player in round 1, ie moving up in a pretty big leap, like the Clowns with Julio only the Niners have the picks to trade this year so no future picks necessary.

Or trade picks this year for next year picks.

If Austin is there at 15 and if he is the BPA, we gotta take him. We are not set at WR. Colston is aging, Lance Moore is a slot receiver trying to be a #2, and other than that our depth chart is full of unproven players. We need a playmaker at the WR position.

Jimmy Graham is one of the top 3 receiving threats in the league. Colston has at least 3 good years left. We use our running backs alot in the passing game. We are a year removed from setting the ALL TIME YARDAGE RECORD for gods sake! I can't believe how many people want us to draft this kid with as bad as our defense is.

Oh and before we get into the need vs best player available argument again: who's to say he's going to be a better pro than one of the defensive options that will be available for us?

Tavon Austin is 5' 9" ?....Imho, too small to be an effective WR in this league....With DBs gettn' up to 6ft. and more these days....

Trade down...We need bodies almost everywhere!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom