For those who watched the game (Turner & Allen) (1 Viewer)

Le_fleur_fan_78

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
And Barnes. ( I think I read that he was locking it down from one person.) We need Turner to work out.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm guessing Henry played first so he could be evaluated before cuts , I'm not seeing much from oline , it's hard to say who is playing well in pass blocking when more than one defender runs in free

SaintfromOZ

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I agree that Henry played before Allen to get evaluated only... Turner seemed to do some nice things when in there. I liked Barnes intensity when he was in the game.

nolafan33

SR is my life!
Reaction score
During the broadcast Joel Meyers mentioned the team was not happy with how Allen was performing. Not a good sign for him.

cajunman9

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I am guessing Turner and Allen may have made the team based on the coaching staff has given both plenty of reps during preseason and wanted to see how Henry could do, which was nothing at all. At least I hope the SAINTS keep Turner and Allen for the future OL. Trying to cut and place Turner and Allen on the practice squad might be a mistake in losing these players. We can't keep all of those deserving players Turner, Allen, and Cheeks on the 53 man roster. We will have to risk losing some if not all 3. After playing solid at left tackle all preseason Cheeks moved to the right tackle position last night and did well.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think Allen had a golden opportunity to make the team but may have cost himself. He just never really showed up in games and committed too many penalties. Did Barnes even come back into the game after he completely wiffed on the end that almost got the QB killed? He looked like he had cement shoes on.

SaintStephen1

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought Saints had to keep Allen and Lelito as insurance for Unger leaving at end of year. Now I think one is gone. Allen looks undersize to me.

AL_Bundy

Oldschool Saints Fan
Reaction score
I thought Saints had to keep Allen and Lelito as insurance for Unger leaving at end of year. Now I think one is gone. Allen looks undersize to me.
I agree, the Unger resigning, really hurt Allen's value to the team. He was always an undersized project but he was the best option we had in case Unger left. But now that Unger is signed, Allen isn't nearly as valuable.

Doooooooosssseeeeeeeeee
Reaction score
I like 74. Tyrus Thompson. I didn't notice Allen in the game at all. I also didn't notice Turner, which for an offensive lineman is probably a good thing.

LombardiGras

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Kelemente can play backup C, and Allen hasn't supplanted him on the roster.

I like the idea of going with Barnes as the backup swing tackle. Maybe keep Turner as the 8th O lineman.

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's the problem with Allen, and why he wasn't drafted. He's undersized and has short arms. The hope was that his technique and aggressiveness would compensate for it, but it doesn't seem that it has yet.

Le_fleur_fan_78

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I think Allen had a golden opportunity to make the team but may have cost himself. He just never really showed up in games and committed too many penalties. Did Barnes even come back into the game after he completely wiffed on the end that almost got the QB killed? He looked like he had cement shoes on.
Oh, that's not good. Bye Barnes.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonsw Lions sic those Packers Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Those Offseason workouts with Bennie Fowler and Emmanuel Sanders are about to pay off Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Film Study: Packers run game plays right into Saints’ strengths Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Is this Drew Brees "Crossroads" game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
League issues memo reminding teams about game-day protocols Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Erik McCoy on Offensive Line Execution, Saints Game Plan| Saints vs. Packers Week 3 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze 750 Saints Family will attend Packers Game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Sean Payton: I get caught up in the game and forget about the mask Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Payton delayed trip home in order to review game film Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 73
Fleur-de-Links, September 23: More analysis of the Saints/Raiders game as Green Bay looms in the distance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Whenever the Saints lose a Primetime Game.. They win the next Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Covington Saint There's no integrity left in the NFL game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 77
The Saints don’t look like the Saints, as they drop Week 2 game in Las Vegas, 34-24. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 22: Fallout from the Saints’ week 2 game against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
SystemShock Last drive of the game: if you are going to give up like that, just take knees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Raiders score 24 unanswered points to top Saints in first-ever Las Vegas game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Payton post game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
mither_rome Run game early Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29
17 all: Saints at Raiders 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Need a reminder of Drew Brees' iconic Monday Night football history? Check out his pre-game cleats Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 1 standouts Margus Hunt and Bennie Fowler III called up from practice squad for Saints vs. Raiders game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CowtownSaint Murray, Harris or TQS, Who has the Biggest Game Tonight? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
Saints vs. Raiders: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Dr. Anderson might evaluate Thomas before Packers game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Bill Analysis ***Official Saints @ Raiders Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2495
Fleur-de-Links, September 21: Injury reports and betting odds heading into Saints Monday Night Football game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Lions may be inbound on a 12 game losing streak. *Trap Game Alert* Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Did I hear right? Mike Tirico Calling our game next week on SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Krodwhodat Fox Americas game of the week Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
English N/S SNF : New England at Seattle game thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 229
[Cowboys vs. Falcons] Cowgirls just handing the game to the Falcons from the start Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 51
Saint Jack N/S Another Pick Your Poison Game: Falcons @ Cowboys Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 392
jasonsw Saints What are you looking for in the Monday Night game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 52
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S ***Burrow's Bengals vs Mayfield's Browns Game Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 307
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
gummbo70114 Rewatch Tampa versus Saints game on NFL network at 7 PM central time Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Will we see an increased emphasis on the run game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Dan in Lafayette Game analysis with T-Bob Hebert & Nick Underhill Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
kansast Game with New Orleans Radio broadcast Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
3 Takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 15: More takeaways from Saints week 1 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Bucs draws high ratings for opening week game Saints RSS News Feeds 0