For those who watched the game (Turner & Allen) (1 Viewer)

Henry getting into the game before Allen can't be a good sign for Allen because that dude is atrocious.

And Barnes. ( I think I read that he was locking it down from one person.) We need Turner to work out.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I'm guessing Henry played first so he could be evaluated before cuts , I'm not seeing much from oline , it's hard to say who is playing well in pass blocking when more than one defender runs in free

I agree that Henry played before Allen to get evaluated only... Turner seemed to do some nice things when in there. I liked Barnes intensity when he was in the game.

During the broadcast Joel Meyers mentioned the team was not happy with how Allen was performing. Not a good sign for him.

I am guessing Turner and Allen may have made the team based on the coaching staff has given both plenty of reps during preseason and wanted to see how Henry could do, which was nothing at all. At least I hope the SAINTS keep Turner and Allen for the future OL. Trying to cut and place Turner and Allen on the practice squad might be a mistake in losing these players. We can't keep all of those deserving players Turner, Allen, and Cheeks on the 53 man roster. We will have to risk losing some if not all 3. After playing solid at left tackle all preseason Cheeks moved to the right tackle position last night and did well.

I think Allen had a golden opportunity to make the team but may have cost himself. He just never really showed up in games and committed too many penalties. Did Barnes even come back into the game after he completely wiffed on the end that almost got the QB killed? He looked like he had cement shoes on.

I thought Saints had to keep Allen and Lelito as insurance for Unger leaving at end of year. Now I think one is gone. Allen looks undersize to me.

I thought Saints had to keep Allen and Lelito as insurance for Unger leaving at end of year. Now I think one is gone. Allen looks undersize to me.

I agree, the Unger resigning, really hurt Allen's value to the team. He was always an undersized project but he was the best option we had in case Unger left. But now that Unger is signed, Allen isn't nearly as valuable.

I like 74. Tyrus Thompson. I didn't notice Allen in the game at all. I also didn't notice Turner, which for an offensive lineman is probably a good thing.

Kelemente can play backup C, and Allen hasn't supplanted him on the roster.

I like the idea of going with Barnes as the backup swing tackle. Maybe keep Turner as the 8th O lineman.

That's the problem with Allen, and why he wasn't drafted. He's undersized and has short arms. The hope was that his technique and aggressiveness would compensate for it, but it doesn't seem that it has yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom