Forbes' 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams (1 Viewer)

td2w

Let's go get em
Reaction score
So it's still officially offseason, nothing really happens....

Forbes just released their 2019 sports teams valuations. Saints are in (#48), but it's not the most interesting fact.
The Failcons are listed as number 28, exactly 3 full spots behind Manchester City (Soccer)

Absolutely zero way the Panthers are worth more than us. When Tepper bought the team, it was valued under $2 billion. Unless they rose their value based on the price he paid to own them, they should not be valued that high.

Edit: yes, they are valued at $2.3 billion...the exact price he purchased them for. Which is asinine bc they have won no titles, have a fair weathered fan base, and a complete dump of a stadium.

I bet if Gayle wanted to sell the team, she could get $2.5 billion minimum, but close to $3 billion

Last edited:
Absolutely zero way the Panthers are worth more than us. When Tepper bought the team, it was valued under $2 billion. Unless they rose their value based on the price he paid to own them, they should not be valued that high.

Edit: yes, they are valued at $2.3 billion...the exact price he purchased them for. Which is asinine bc they have won no titles, have a fair weathered fan base, and a complete dump of a stadium.

I bet if Gayle wanted to sell the team, she could get $2.5 billion minimum, but close to $3 billion

The Panthers own their stadium. The Saints do not. That is a huge asset in terms of franchise value.

Former interior decorator, Gayle Benson owns two professional sports franchises worth more than $3 billion...

That's the easiest and most reliable valuation. It is worth what someone paid for it.

I get what you are saying, but that stadium is a dump, and should bring their value down, imho

I know its all in jest but them owning their own stadium ups the value of a team. If the Saints owned the Superdome (even though it's very old) I'm sure they would be worth more.

Their stadium is not a dump!

A good portion of some of these team’s value is in real estate holdings. Some teams own stadiums and surrounding retail, others do. It. At $144 million annual operating income, the Saints look really well run to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom