Forbes loses all credibility. (1 Viewer)

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Do their editors or author of this article know what the word 'self-made" means?

And this doesn't even get into the argument that nobody is really a self made billionaire... they do it off the backs of their employees.

Just sad.

While I understand your disdain, think about it this way. Someone who is worth $450 million has a net worth that is closer to zero than it is to 1 billion. She started well off for sure and I don't understand her success, but her company took her from being someone from being worth a few million to being a billionaire. Its a huge leap. I don't understand how it happened but here we are. Self made may be a stretch but she was p[robably worth $5 million 5 years ago and now she's worth a billion. It's kind of amazing.

Check it... Forbes lost all credibility years ago.. They are just a blog site now with people writing blogs. They have been for years. This isn't Forbes "magazine" where everything had to be fit to print. Blogs just go up, and drive advertising traffic.

She claims that her parents cut her off at 15 and she's had to make her money on her own so that's how they're saying she's self made.

I guarantee many people here can be a writer at forbes.com... forbes.com is not what Forbes magazine was and the .com is living off of the magazine's reputation.

Look, I don't care HOW I make it, I just wanna be on the damn list.

I don't get the hate for her. Look at things objectively: Would she have gotten some of her opportunities if it wasn't for the sex tape of her sister? Probably not. Is that her fault? No. Did she successfully capitalize on that opportunity and take it to a place most other reality "celebs" couldn't? Yes. She deserves credit. I am not a Kardashian fan, nor fan of the celeb status we put on a lot of people, but that doesn't mean they are all bad.

I'm not a fan of the Kard's I cant stand them, but why do we come down on people for becoming millionaires/billionaires.

Are we crabs in a bucket!

As long as you make it legal and without walking on your fellow man, I happy for you.

Do their editors or author of this article know what the word 'self-made" means?

And this doesn't even get into the argument that nobody is really a self made billionaire... they do it off the backs of their employees.

Just sad.

Off the backs of employees. I don’t know how you say that. I’m sure their employees are grateful to have jobs.

I mean, of all the horrible things people are making money on, playing your cards right and selling makeup and stuff to people is probably near the bottom of that list.

• 1Like
Reactions: Dre

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom