Movie Ford vs. Ferrari (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Racing fans and gear-heads looking forward to this? I am, the story is legendary in the auto world and the cast is awesome. I'm in 100%. The release is tonight and the early reviews are strong (It has a 90% on the critic's score on Rotten Tomatoes based on 133 responses from critics on early screenings).

Matt Damon plays Carroll Shelby and Christian Bale as driver Ken Miles as the Ford GT40 project seeks to challenge Ferrari for the Le Mans title (a laughable notion in the mid-century). The film uses the real cars (some of which are precise replicas constructed for the movie) driven by international racing series competitors - and the cast includes some of the sons of the key players (including Dan Gurney's son playing Dan Gurney).

The Autoweek review says its one of the greatest racing movies ever. :9:

Last edited:
I’m also looking forward to it. Bale and Damon add credibility to the project as well.

The original GT40 is probably the best-looking American sportscar ever (not an opinion j/k). You can see more of it in its heyday in the 1966 Lelouch classic, ‘Un homme et une femme’ (A Man and a Woman). Also one of the most memorable movie scores by Francis Lai (or anyone ever). More about the movie and relation to the Mustang and GT40:

I am not a racing fan or gear head but I have been looking forward to this from the first time I saw the trailer. I have a feeling Bale and Damon are going to have great chemistry in this to the point where I would look forward to them being in multiple films together and Tracy Letts looks good as Henry Ford II

I almost got a Jeff Daniels vibe from the bits I have seen of him in the trailer

Racing fans and gear-heads looking forward to this? I am, the story is legendary in the auto world and the cast is awesome. I'm in 100%. The release is tonight and the early reviews are strong (It has a 90% on the critic's score on Rotten Tomatoes based on 133 responses from critics on early screenings).

Matt Damon plays Carroll Shelby and Christian Bale as driver Ken Miles as the Ford GT40 project seeks to challenge Ferrari for the Le Mans title (a laughable notion in the mid-century). The film uses the real cars (some of which are precise replicas constructed for the movie) driven by international racing series competitors - and the cast includes some of the sons of the key players (including Dan Gurney's son playing Dan Gurney).

The Autoweek review says its one of the greatest racing movies ever. :9:

This is going to be a fun & exciting film.

Damon & Bale were invited to the Indy 500. Damon said that even though Mario Andretti is 80, he looks 55, because he takes such good care of himself. When Damon rode with Andretti, he said they went 200 mph & they were 3 inches from the wall. Damon said that Andretti made that same trip with 40 different people that day, just to show, “what this sport is to people.”

Christian Bale is so versatile!!! He was a fat, ugly Dick Cheney in Vice. He was a fat, repulsive husband & lover in American Hustle. Now he is handsome & thin in this new film. Stellar actor.

No way it's better than Days of Thunder
I remember a good story about this movie when it first came out. Former NASCAR driver Dale Jarrett was told Tom Cruise ran a test
lap only 1 mph slower than that years Talledega pole winner. Jarrett said good for him. Let's see him do it with Dale Earnhart 6 inches
off his bumper and Rusty Wallace 6 inches away from his door. Anyone can drive fast with no other cars on the track.Driving in a pack
separates men from boys.

I drove from New Orleans east to Mississippi coast every day for 30 years....Used to call it the Redneck 500. We weren't tailgating we were drafting!! Looking forward to this film.

Yeah gonna be good I hope. I know that story well growing up a Ford guy from a Ford family.

The best car film is Grand Prix. James Garner is great in it

If you have never seen it do. Great film from that era.

I am not a racing fan or gear head but I have been looking forward to this from the first time I saw the trailer. I have a feeling Bale and Damon are going to have great chemistry in this to the point where I would look forward to them being in multiple films together and Tracy Letts looks good as Henry Ford II
Me, too. They got me just for having "Feel It Still" in the soundtrack.

The reviews, from reviewers I care about, are pretty good. I’m looking forward to seeing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom