Forecast: Brees kept Saints in New Orleans (2 Viewers)

The thing is, you never know how a player will perform with a different team,coaches,and schemes. Leinart and VY may have flourished under Payton's tutelage. Maybe. Will never know.

Maybe, but we would not have come as far as we have so quickly. And Payton didn't have to teach Brees to be a leader of men...that's natural to him. Clearly, neither Leinart or VY is the leader that Brees is and never will be. Brees leadership has as much to do with the Saints success as his skill.

Bad as 99 was, it was the last few of 2002 through the 04 season that sticks outs the worst period for finding ways to surrender leads or lose games that should be won.

Thanks again for those experiences Mr. Brooks, you certainly knew how to keep both teams in the game. I'm equally certain you took 5 years (at least) off of my life....

Brees will never take credit for it, but that writer is right... without Brees the Saints probably aren't as successful as they are now... and certainly not Super Bowl Champions, looking to build a dynasty.

Maybe if we got Leinart he would have been decent but I don't think he has the pocket presence or the willingness to go down field to be successful in Payton's Offense. In Arizona he had situations where had time but he went with the 2-3 yard check down type throws far to often because he didn't trust his ability to throw it down field.

Me, they probably would have been decent...but not Breesus. Plus GW said one of the main reasons ge came here was because we have Brees at QB.

It's amazing how analysts talk about the great 4th quarter qbs but never mention Brees. He's the qb most people would choose to drive down for the winning score with 2 minutes on the clock. A fg try is almost guaranteed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom