Forecast: The Saints 2016 draft could be almost as good as the 2017 one (1 Viewer)

• Admin
I sometimes speak about the Saints 2017 draft in more loving terms than I do my own family. But in 2019 the Saints 2016 draft is suddenly center stage.

By Ralph Malbrough / Contributing Writer | WWL-TV

NEW ORLEANS — While the New Orleans Saints 2017 draft gets credited with helping the team escape the 7-9 doldrums from 2014-2016, the Saints draft the year before has quietly emerged as one of the great drafts in Saints history.

The 2017 Saints draft is the stuff of dreams and included both the offensive and defensive rookies of the year (Alvin Kamara and Marshon Lattimore) plus an elite offensive tackle (Ryan Ramczyk) and playmaking safety (Marcus Williams). I sometimes speak about the Saints 2017 draft in more loving terms than I do my own family. To be fair, my family didn't hold Tampa Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans to zero catches for zero yards on Sunday as Lattimore did.

While the 2017 Saints draft proved to be filled with amazing players almost immediately, the 2016 draft operated more like a normal college player selection process; the players took a couple of years to reach their full potential.

Full Story - WWL-TV

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom