Forecast: Why Saints punter Thomas Morstead is invaluable (1 Viewer)

• Admin
By Ralph Malbrough / Contributing Writer | WWL-TV

NEW ORLEANS — Thomas Morstead won his second NFC special teams player of the week award in 2019 for his performance against the Jacksonville Jaguars and it got me to thinking. Morstead has quietly become one of the most beloved Saints players of all time, which for a punter is sort of amazing and ridiculous.

It's such a New Orleans thing and I love it so much.

On my podcast in the offseason, I asked the question, “If Bill Belichick, who is basically a Thomas Morstead groupie if you ever listen to him talk about punting, offered the Saints a 1st round pick for Morstead should the Saints say yes? The results were heavily in favor of the Saints refusing the offer and keeping Morstead.

In what hypothetical world do you turn down a 1st round pick for a punter? In New Orleans. But why?

Thomas Morstead is amazing at his job and his game in Seattle was a master class on punting a football and an exhibition showing how great punting can swing a football game. Morstead is the greatest punter in Saints history but a 1st round pick for a punter seems so irresistible, why would 64% of people in a poll refuse that trade?

Full Story - WWL-TV

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom