Opinion Forget Birdbox. Watch Bandersnatch. (1 Viewer)

Does this movie require any knowledge of the Black Mirror series?
no. All Black Mirror episodes can be watched independently. Kinda like Twilight Zone and Outer Limits.
I do recommend however, if you do decide to go back and watch the series, do not start with the first episode.

Last edited:
no. All Black Mirror episodes can be watched independently. Kinda like Twilight Zone and Outer Limits.
I do recommend however, if you do decide to go back and watch the series, do not start with the first episode.

Thanks. Are you saying to skip the first episode completely? Or watch some of them, and then go back and watch the first episode?

If you watch the rest and really can't stand that there aren't any more to watch, then maybe go ahead. But definitely save it for last.

But the first episode really isn't like the rest. Personally I thought it was a good episode. Not sure if it really fits in the series honestly. You can watch the first episode first, just understand that it isn't a reflection of the series. I knew a few people who quit watching after the first episode because it is really off in left field and really, quite awkward to watch.

Black Mirror has few clunkers, and S1E1 "National Anthem" is not one of them. To me, it's a pitch-perfect observation of modern obsessions. Recommended.

IMO, "Bandersnatch" is a clunker. Hope it's not a series portent or I'm out.

Bird Box is about a 6.5 to me. Good beginning and nicely shot, but too many loose ends.

Black Mirror has few clunkers, and S1E1 "National Anthem" is not one of them. To me, it's a pitch-perfect observation of modern obsessions. Recommended.

IMO, "Bandersnatch" is a clunker. Hope it's not a series portent or I'm out.

Bird Box is about a 6.5 to me. Good beginning and nicely shot, but too many loose ends.
in retrospect, National Anthem seems like a genius introduction to the debauchery of Black Mirror

There are certainly some who watched S1E1 and never watched another episode.

I decided to watch Bandersnatch again last night and had fun with it. I chose every oddball decision I could and picked up a half hour or more of extra footage. Some of it was hilarious.
Kill you Dad. Chop him up. Jump out the window...etc

I decided to watch Bandersnatch again last night and had fun with it. I chose every oddball decision I could and picked up a half hour or more of extra footage. Some of it was hilarious.
Kill you Dad. Chop him up. Jump out the window...etc

In true Black Mirror style the odd choices lead to to the endings that can be construed as a "win"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom