Forget Guitar Hero... Guitar Wizard looks great! (1 Viewer)

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Guitar Wizard is a game that is similar to Guitar Hero but uses a REAL GUITAR. Besides being a game, it teaches you how to play... It is expected to cost $150 if you supply your own guitar. For 300 it comes with a Washburn electric guitar. From what I've seen it is PC or Mac based. I hope they release it for gaming consoles as well...

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qsqFzDSJfeE&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qsqFzDSJfeE&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/07/hands-off-with-guitar-wizard-the-real-guitar-guitar-hero/

Jeff Miller

Shaw 1988, NYIT 2009
Reaction score
i'd be interested in this after i get my dexterity built up with rock band. After playing both, i perfer rock band over guitar hero.

OP
OP
Rickboy

Rickboy

Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i'd be interested in this after i get my dexterity built up with rock band. After playing both, i perfer rock band over guitar hero.
Guitar Hero does nothing for your dexterity. Go pick up an acoustic. You'll have dexterity and power in those fingers :)

<--- fingers still hurt from all the playing I've been doing.

Oye

running my mouth
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Guitar Hero does nothing for your dexterity. Go pick up an acoustic. You'll have dexterity and power in those fingers :)

<--- fingers still hurt from all the playing I've been doing.
I've been playing for 7 months now and have yet to pick up an electric - my guitar teacher and plenty of other people who play have told me that the longer I keep practicing on the acoustic, my hand strength and dexterity will improve more and picking up the electric will be much easier.

I am hoping that's the case.

It's not just my fingers, it's my forearms too, especially in a marathon barre-chord practice session

OP
OP
Rickboy

Rickboy

Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've been playing for 7 months now and have yet to pick up an electric - my guitar teacher and plenty of other people who play have told me that the longer I keep practicing on the acoustic, my hand strength and dexterity will improve more and picking up the electric will be much easier.

I am hoping that's the case.

It's not just my fingers, it's my forearms too, especially in a marathon barre-chord practice session

That is the case. I actually started with an electric but I picked up a Breedlove acoustic when I found them on sale a while back. I've found myself playing it more and more and my finger strength is getting there. But oh boy they bring the pain ;)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No kidding. 1 minute of Lightning Crashes, and my hand is done.

I was wondering when they would finally develop a game that incorporates real guitar. I might need to buy that one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Witchdoctor504 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7