Forget slowing down, Drew Brees throwing at NFL-record pace at age 37 - ESPN (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
The 37-year-old future Hall of Famer is throwing with a ton of confidence, as he demonstrated with a pair of 32-yard touchdown passes over the past two weeks. Both times he threw into tight windows and let young receivers Brandin Cooks and Michael Thomas go up and get 'em.

"I love that, dude. Love that," said another one of Brees' beneficiaries -- receiver Willie Snead, who said Brees is "locked in."

Brees has a passer rating of more than 107 in his past five games, something he had never done in his 16-year career. He also is leading the NFL in passing yards for the fifth time in six years -- and he's ahead of his usual pace. His 332 yards per game put him on pace for 5,312, the third-highest total in NFL history and the second-highest total of his career.

He is also on pace for 43 touchdown passes (tied for second in his career) and a 107.0 passer rating (third best of his career).

At this rate, Brees will pass Peyton Manning and Brett Favre for first place in all-time passing yards in less than two seasons and in all-time TD passes in less than three seasons.

Really Good Article - Enjoy!

New Orleans Saints' Drew Brees speeding up productions at age 37 - New Orleans Saints Blog- ESPN

I still can't believe the fans that wanted to trade him for some picks that may end up not even making an impact in the NFL.

I still can't believe the fans that wanted to trade him for some picks that may end up not even making an impact in the NFL.

What we thought a few months or years ago is not important. The point is, Drew is still a great QB, everyone knows it, and we need to ride him as long as his body is willing.

Remember Peyton Manning? He had that great year, so I thought he would play 3-4 more years and own every QB record forever. The next year, he was a shadow of his former self. We need to appreciate Drew while we have him, and I think we all do.

I hope he can stay healthy long enough to eclipse those two records and win another Super Bowl. He deserves it!

What we thought a few months or years ago is not important. The point is, Drew is still a great QB, everyone knows it, and we need to ride him as long as his body is willing.

Remember Peyton Manning? He had that great year, so I thought he would play 3-4 more years and own every QB record forever. The next year, he was a shadow of his former self. We need to appreciate Drew while we have him, and I think we all do.

Perfect ^

makes you wonder why someone would start a thread like...

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f63/brees-up-sale-gym-laugh-if-you-wish-not-troll-thread-338934/#.WC3p2fkrI2w

There is no perfect source and things happen along the way

We have all had some fun with the "In Pete's Austin gym threads," but when I look back, 75% of what i was told has become accurate.

They nailed this one long before the board or public knew...

There's 3 players training during the offseason. Friday I was told that the Saints were shopping Graham. I laughed and dared not post because that would have been considered blasphemous trolling. And I thought it was stupid.

The fact we kept Brees does not mean Loomis was not shopping him. We just don't know. So the following, like Graham, may have been spot-on

Today I was told by multiple pro sources in the gym that the Saints are shopping Brees for real. The following seemed more like opinions rather than insider info.

I am just waiting for his decline. I get worried that the next year we will see a different QB but it hasn't happened. The guy works hard at his craft and it shows and paying off. It looks like he has 5 years left.

This is a really good article about Brees at a time when there's been a number of "Brees is not appreciated" threads over the past few weeks.

I hope this isn't true, but we are statistically more likely to finish 7-9 than make the playoffs this year. if we finish 7-9 this and next year, would the franchise been better off trading him. And don't dare say I don't worship Brees and enjoy nearly every pass he throws. I have been watching him and been amazed since High school.

So before you try to hike your leg and mark a bunch of board members, why don't you see how this plays out in a couple of years. The position you took might look very foolish by the end of the 2017 season. We just don't know. None of us.

The fact we kept Brees does not mean Loomis was not shopping him. We just don't know. So the following, like Graham, may have been spot-on

It's just reality that every football player is for sale... at the right price. Lucky for us Drew's is astronomically high.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom