Forget Tax Returns - Bill Clinton is blocking presidential pardon documents release (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Archivists say the pardon documents are being withheld based on guidance provided by the former president.

THE NEW YORK TIMES
March 7, 2008, 1:05 pm
A Silence at the Clinton Library
By Tobin Harshaw

Well, this might make people forget the whole tax-return thing … “Federal archivists at the Clinton Presidential Library are blocking the release of hundreds of pages of White House papers on pardons that the former president approved, including clemency for fugitive commodities trader Marc Rich,” reports USA Today.

“The archivists’ decision, based on guidance provided by Bill Clinton that restricts the disclosure of advice he received from aides, prevents public scrutiny of documents that would shed light on how he decided which pardons to approve from among hundreds of requests.”

READ MORE
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/07/a-silence-at-the-clinton-library/?ref=opinion

I think it was a mistake to pardon Rich. It seems meaningless now but If I had been Clinton I would have considered the ramifications of this guy. His ex-wife was a huge Democratic supporter and that kind of made it seem sour to those involved. Other then the Lewinsky scandal, Clinton did a good job. I assume that Clinton felt that since he could pardon who ever he wanted,it did not matter really.

The Clintons post-WH is a veritable Pandora's Box of campaign material. By all accounts, the Monster of the Midway cannot win, but she can deny the Messiah of the Midway enough delegates to create a forced compromise. Obama could accept the VP slot, and like Edwards in 2004, stay unenergized to make a repeat (and winning) run in 2012. Whether he becomes a martyr in 2008 is his call, but an electoral defeat of the Hildebeest may be the only thing to keep that family out of the WH until the Hillary-Hubbell child is ready to take charge.

The initial glowing reception of the return of the Clintons to the presidential arena has quickly devolved into a gradual exhumation of their buried transgressions, each one reeking of scandal, coverup and holier-than-thou hubris.

The initial glowing reception of the return of the Clintons to the presidential arena has quickly devolved into a gradual exhumation of their buried transgressions, each one reeking of scandal, coverup and holier-than-thou hubris.

That's because Democrats found someone who can win without the accumulated baggage.

It's ALL about winning.:worthy: :worthy:

Actually I think part of the problem is it hasn't. The media has acted like none of it ever happened for the most part.

I guess they have been too busy with the current run of double speak and triangulating. However, like I've said before nobody could come into a campaign with the history of Hillary and only have it mentioned abstractly as her "negatives". The media would have burned anyone else with her and her husbands history at the stake.

Actually I think part of the problem is it hasn't. The media has acted like none of it ever happened for the most part.

I guess they have been too busy with the current run of double speak and triangulating. However, like I've said before nobody could come into a campaign with the history of Hillary and only have it mentioned abstractly as her "negatives". The media would have burned anyone else with her and her husbands history at the stake.

Haven't you been watching Saturday Night Live? The media HATES Hillary. Never have they treated anyone so unfairly, it almost brings to mind the vast right-wing conspiracy that so tortured her during the 1990s. That poor woman.

Haven't you been watching Saturday Night Live? The media HATES Hillary. Never have they treated anyone so unfairly, it almost brings to mind the vast right-wing conspiracy that so tortured her during the 1990s. That poor woman.

i really have not been paying attention to hillary. could you share how she is being misstreated..
thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom