Fork lift operator dies in accident at local Home Depot (1 Viewer)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, my son works at this Home Depot, and apparently, last night (actually around 2 am this morning), the forklift operator was moving a load when offloading a truck, the forklift hit a pothole and tipped over. The operator fell out and was crushed by the vehicle.

Working forklifts are no joke and can be very dangerous. But having a pothole in the loading area is probably going to put the liability on HD I would think.

I feel bad for the guy's family.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely shouldn't have potholes there, but just wondering, do forklifts have seat belts?

OP

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely shouldn't have potholes there, but just wondering, do forklifts have seat belts?
I was wondering that as well. I've seen some with and some without. But I don't know about the ones at HD.

CajunInVA

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering that as well. I've seen some with and some without. But I don't know about the ones at HD.
Newer sit down ones have safety systems that they will not even start if the seatbelt isn’t latched. Also operators are trained to ride the lift down if it starts to tip. Don’t try to jump out.

But stand-ups don’t necessarily have this and for tight places like HD, it may have been what they were using.

Last edited:

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wow that sucks

My wife’s family lost her dad in an accident days before thanksgiving almost 30 years ago - it ruined the holiday for them completely

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about this, Dave. Sad day - I also just learned that my co-worker’s daughter was one of three young ladies killed by a drunk driver near Thibodaux this past Friday. I’m struggling right now.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
if it was a sitdown, they do have seatbelts. unless it was removed by someone.
one thing they tell you over and over during forklift training is if the forklift tips over, DO NOT attemt to jump off. If you are wearing a seatbelt, hold on , you'll usually be fine. When on a forklift, just like a car, seatbelts should be worn at all times. they do work.

Sailorsaint

Reaction score
if it was a sitdown, they do have seatbelts. unless it was removed by someone.
one thing they tell you over and over during forklift training is if the forklift tips over, DO NOT attemt to jump off. If you are wearing a seatbelt, hold on , you'll usually be fine. When on a forklift, just like a car, seatbelts should be worn at all times. they do work.
Keeping your arms and legs inside the framework is also a good idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom