N/S Former #2 pick Greg Robinson caught with 156.9 pounds of marijuana at border (1 Viewer)

Maybe he just likes his pots. I deliberately said pot(s) in a plural sense because I thought it sounded funny personally in a more light-hearted derivative sort of way.

BTW, I wonder what Narcos:Mexico and Felix, Rafa, Pacho, Kiki, and of course eventually El Chapo would think of all this?

Maybe he just likes his pots. I deliberately said pot(s) in a plural sense because I thought it sounded funny personally in a more light-hearted derivative sort of way.

BTW, I wonder what Narcos:Mexico and Felix, Rafa, Pacho, Kiki, and of course eventually El Chapo would think of all this?

Felix "you got some cojones...reminds me of ....me". lol

Crazy that a location scout got killed on that show. I had an offer to go work in Mexico on a drug TV series. Glad I turned it down.

Maybe it’s not about profit
Maybe he’s an artisan or connoisseur who also has little trust of middlemen

Maybe

I don't smoke myself but from what I've heard from "enthusiasts" is that the best stuff is produced here anyway. Its also not hard to set up your own grow operation with heat lamps, etc.. I would much rather risk getting busted for a few plants than trying to haul 160 pounds across the freakin' border.

It feels like a Hollywood movie I mean good god what's next lol

I heard when the cops confronted him on the weed his response was, " What's you talking about Willis? That's not mine. I don't know how that got there. Somebody is trying to frame me. "
It's amusing to see the armchair financial advisors here.
You see a $5M contract & think it all goes to the player.
Govt takes @ least 40% off the top(income/ss/med + state as well), agent gets % of full value, & business expenses(including medical/dietary/physical/financial) hit the bottom line. Divide that into the #of years & then look into the actual pay. BIG shrinkage!
That's only if you have longer career, stay injury free & play a position of value.

None of that speaks to the "posse" BS, family & charity efforts.

As for as the "Mexican brown weed" comment, there is some OUTSTANDING cannabis coming out of Mexico. The quality has soared in the last 5 years. That doesn't mean you will ever see it, just like pretending the the Govt or dispensary is the best product you can get.

That said, he was an IDIOT!
GR's career earnings is $29.1 for six seasons of work. First year he got $14.2 million. Agents get 3% . Not sure what they get for expenses but for the sake of argument, another 1%. So over the 6 years, he roughly cleared $16 million or $2.6 million per year average. If the average Joe made $200,000 after taxes per year, it would take 13 years for every year GR gets $2.6 million. So, for the six years he has earned money, the average Joe would have to work 72 years. These athletes need some education. I am sure they could live on $200,000 a year and never run out of money in their lifetime. The problem is they spend like they are going to make that much every year for the rest of their lives. They could live comfortably after football career if they wanted to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom