Former Essex County teacher of the year admits having sex with 15-year-old student (1 Viewer)

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
A 33-year-old former English teacher at West Orange High School pleaded guilty this morning to endangering the welfare of a child after admitting she had sexual relations with a 15-year-old male student.

Erica DePalo will receive a three-year suspended sentence and life parole supervision under the terms of the plea agreement when she is sentenced April 29. She can apply for relief from parole supervision after 15 years.

DePalo also must undergo a psychological evaluation at the Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center in Avenel, forfeit her teaching license and never seek public employment. DePalo must register as a sex offender under Megan's Law and cannot have contact with the victim.

Former Essex County teacher of the year admits having sex with 15-year-old student | NJ.com

xeezxRQ.jpg

Let the comments begin (English class related):

I'd let her help me with my dangling participle.

She could help me straighten out my Longfellow.

Let the comments begin (English class related):

I'd let her help me with my dangling participle.

She could help me straighten out my Longfellow.

damn...just about to post about "longfellow" ....now i gotta think of something else.

Obligatory "where was she when I was in school?" post.

Also, she's fairly good looking.

Nice pearl necklace, too!

I know many, many people on here say that this has always happened. But it just seems like it's reached epidemic proportions. There's a new story about this every week.

Sorry, but I'm not sending my kid to school to get sexed up by any teachers. He's there to learn math, science, etc. Not to be preyed on by some over sexed teacher. These women are predators and need to be treated as such. She should be serving serious time.

I'd rather her help with my dangling modifier...

I know many, many people on here say that this has always happened. But it just seems like it's reached epidemic proportions. There's a new story about this every week.

Sorry, but I'm not sending my kid to school to get sexed up by any teachers. He's there to learn math, science, etc. Not be taken preyed on by some over sexed teacher. These women are predators and need to be treated as such. She should be serving serious time.

If it makes you feel better, the kid got an A in English.

Is it me or do the female teachers seem to get off (no pun intended) with lighter sentences then male teachers who do the same thing?

Is it me or do the female teachers seem to get off (no pun intended) with lighter sentences then male teachers who do the same thing?

If they are messing with 15 year old boys I doubt they get off nearly as much as you think.

Did she have that necklace before, or after, getting with that student?

To hit, or not to hit, that is the question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom