Former Green Beret, Nate Boyer on Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

Thank you, I greatly appreciate that. I’ve always tried to look at things from all angles, always put myself in other’s shoes, but most of all.....I try to Kaizen every day. Lots of self reflection, set attainable goals for everything life, and set great examples for others.

Sweet T -even when we disagree, you always post logical positions without any tones of belittlement. To me, that's the best of the board. Thanks and Take care Bro -Dan

Sweet T -even when we disagree, you always post logical positions without any tones of belittlement. To me, that's the best of the board. Thanks and Take care Bro -Dan
Lol, I love you sir, along with @jeepman . You both are some of my faves. I love a good sense of humor and you have that.

How are those days a distant memory when those days have never occurred?
It happened during 9/11. That was the closest our Nation ever was. It was a beautiful thing. Like I said, it takes something catastrophic for it to happen, but I guess that’s just human nature. But yes, you are correct.....other than 9/11, it has yet to occur, and that is saddening

It happened during 9/11. That was the closest our Nation ever was. It was a beautiful thing. Like I said, it takes something catastrophic for it to happen, but I guess that’s just human nature. But yes, you are correct.....other than 9/11, it has yet to occur, and that is saddening
Muslim Americans and Sikhs strongly disagree with your take on 9/11...

Muslim Americans and Sikhs strongly disagree with your take on 9/11...
That’s a good point, but I was referring to the white, black, Hispanic, Latin, etc communities here in America. Like Drew, I should’ve been more clear. Many communities were impacted that day and there was a lot of togetherness going on. Way more than the average day. It’s impossible for every community to stand as one, you know that. That’s asking too much of humans, as every single person is uniquely different, and I think that is very intriguing, and ok with that. Let’s not continue to cherry pick things bc we would be able to do that until the end.

That’s a good point, but I was referring to the white, black, Hispanic, Latin, etc communities here in America. Like Drew, I should’ve been more clear. Many communities were impacted that day and there was a lot of togetherness going on. Way more than the average day. It’s impossible for every community to stand as one, you know that. That’s asking too much of humans, as every single person is uniquely different, and I think that is very intriguing, and ok with that. Let’s not continue to cherry pick things bc we would be able to do that until the end.
I'm not really sure where to begin with that response. You claimed that the citizens in our country were close after 9/11. I pointed out that wasn't true because many Muslims, Sikhs, etc. were assaulted, persecuted, etc. after 9/11. The fact that you come back to tell me what you meant to say was only the white, black, hispanic, latin, etc members of our country seems to indicate that you do not feel that Muslims and Sikhs are members of our country?

Perhaps that was just a slip or perhaps you are someone who simply doesn't consider other people outside of your immediate sphere of influence. I have no real way of knowing either way. My point was that any feeling you may have of our country being anything other than split apart and/or divided is incorrect. You may experience feelings of togetherness, but if the protests of late have shown anything it's that this country has never been unified. There has always been separate version of America. It's just that people like you and I have rarely felt or understood that.

I'm not really sure where to begin with that response. You claimed that the citizens in our country were close after 9/11. I pointed out that wasn't true because many Muslims, Sikhs, etc. were assaulted, persecuted, etc. after 9/11. The fact that you come back to tell me what you meant to say was only the white, black, hispanic, latin, etc members of our country seems to indicate that you do not feel that Muslims and Sikhs are members of our country?

Perhaps that was just a slip or perhaps you are someone who simply doesn't consider other people outside of your immediate sphere of influence. I have no real way of knowing either way. My point was that any feeling you may have of our country being anything other than split apart and/or divided is incorrect. You may experience feelings of togetherness, but if the protests of late have shown anything it's that this country has never been unified. There has always been separate version of America. It's just that people like you and I have rarely felt or understood that.
Just to revisit my original post:
9/11 was the closest people came together. Yes, this nation has always been divided, but there was a togetherness, whether you noticed it or not. Sure, some communities had it rough during that time, but that doesn’t take away the fact many communities were united for that period of time. And no, I don’t live in a sphere, and myself have had many experiences being a victim of racial hate, being that I’m mixed breed that grew up in a racist town. Heck, the high school that I attended still has segregated proms that I know of. So I know about a divided America. It will always be divided, that’s a given.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom