Former Lilith Fair regular Michelle Shocked goes on anti-gay rant (1 Viewer)

I don't know why religious people are so upset. If you really knew god was coming, just be smug and keep your mouth shut. You're one of the chosen ones and you're going to heaven.

No reason to get all butt hurt over things like gay marriage.

I am not overly upset and not too religious. But I get really offended when I see two guys making out in view of my kids. If I speak out about the gross behavior in front of kids I get called a gay basher.....If I do the same to a normal couple no one xcares, you just spoke out about immoral behavior in public.

I yelled at two gay guys for making out on the hood of a car in front of a red lobster. They said I was homophobic and a gay basher.

As for marriage the govt should only observe civil unions period for anyone. Want to get a civil union to a dog who cares go for it as if I care. Leave marriage to Churches.

I am not overly upset and not too religious. But I get really offended when I see two guys making out in view of my kids. If I speak out about the gross behavior in front of kids I get called a gay basher.....If I do the same to a normal couple no one xcares, you just spoke out about immoral behavior in public.

I yelled at two gay guys for making out on the hood of a car in front of a red lobster. They said I was homophobic and a gay basher.

Not only is this story clearly and obviously not true, but even if it were I'm not sure what point you'd be trying to make with it.

It seems like there are always a few who view a story such as this one and become unnecessarily worked up over some perceived hypocrisy, and then proceed to use the opportunity to display their fundamental misunderstanding of the right to free speech.

As for marriage the govt should only observe civil unions period for anyone. Want to get a civil union to a dog who cares go for it as if I care. Leave marriage to Churches.

As long as you would yell at a hetero couple for making out in the parking lot - I don't really see anything wrong with that.

But we have a civil union - and under the civil law it's called marriage. It's the same name as the sacrament but it's not always co-extensive (for instance when a hetero couple simply goes down to the courthouse to get "married").

If you're suggesting we change all of that and get rid of the name "marriage" for all of them, at least it's not discriminatory. But there's just too much law, practice and policy built around the terminology of marriage as the name of the civil union, it's unlikely that's going to change.

not that I care what you libs think, sadly it did happen, and it was probably traumatic for my kids to see. grossed me the hell out.

I would also yell at a guy and a girl for getting that into it, but I would would hesitate if it were two chicks.......Double standard but its a man law.

not that I care what you Liberals think, sadly it did happen, and it was probably traumatic for my kids to see. grossed me the hell out.

I would also yell at a guy and a girl for getting that into it, but I would would hesitate if it were two chicks.......Double standard but its a man law.

yes, i suspect it was merely the enthusiasm the two displayed, not their gender that caused you to yell out (though i also suspect it not true).... and i would bet your comment would be focused solely on that enthusiasm and nothing else, right?

Michelle Shocked? What next, the Indigo Girls play a gig for Westboro Baptist?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom