Former Lilith Fair regular Michelle Shocked goes on anti-gay rant (1 Viewer)

Yes, I see your point, free speech is a protection from the government prevent you to speak your mind, not a protection from a private business owner to ensure your speech is heard by others.

So it's really a tolerance issue of speech you don't agree with. Lack of tolerance is a issue both the left and right share, though IMO, the politically correct left seem to be the least tolerant of all
I think there's a distinction to be made, however, between tolerance of disagreeable speech and tolerance of intolerant speech.

This singer delved into the latter and I would argue that her words are deserving of the same intolerance that she displayed.

Besides the misconceptions about free speech that have already been addressed, that isn't even what the issue is.

It isn't about her being allowed to speak her mind, the issue is equal rights.

So what is so hard to figure out about why someone would receive more backlash for speaking out against equal rights, compared to someone trying to promote it?

Not to be a topic changer but is it really about equal rights? If that was true then wouldn't the gay rights people be anti abortion? If there was ever a group that has been failed of their equal rights it would be those that lose it due to a medical procedure to terminate their rights.

If they do it in front of children heck yea, in private I don't care if they rape their dog. Not my issue. Anybody of any orientation putting on a gross display in public where kids are present is an issue. I can care less what they do in private. I do not want my kids thinking that crap is ok.

(Warning strong language)
Link

Some people in the past probably said " I just don't undertand why wackos get the idea that the government is going to force doctors/hospitals,churches to provide abortions.

Just saying.

Are you talking about birth controls mandates for employee health plans?

It's really a poor analogy.

Seriously this is another anthill blown all out of proportion. She was cut off by the owner of the establishment who was paying her to make money. She crossed a line and interfered with business and was cut off. No free speech problem. She has the right to say what she wanted, and the patrons had the right to walk out. Don't sit and shout about your free speech and then get mad at others when they don't like what you have to say. Dumb

As far as PDA I don't want to see anyone do it, and with the exception of horny teenagers and drunken college kids I usually don't. I have yet to see any homosexual people make out in public- oh wait I have- and guess what I really didn't care.

Are you talking about birth controls mandates for employee health plans?

It's really a poor analogy.

Where do you think the funds are coming from to cover all those that will receive a subsidy? The difference is made up from everyone that pays into the plans thus funds would have to be comingled or those in the poverty category would be discrimintated against.

I don't want to make this an abortion discussion but I was making a point that your "Wacko" statement was a bit foolish based on all the infringements we have seen from governement.

so any pics of this chic?

Poof.

images

Where do you think the funds are coming from to cover all those that will receive a subsidy? The difference is made up from everyone that pays into the plans thus funds would have to be comingled or those in the poverty category would be discrimintated against.

I don't want to make this an abortion discussion but I was making a point that your "Wacko" statement was a bit foolish based on all the infringements we have seen from governement.

It isn't foolish if you understand the difference between civil marriage and the sacrament of marriage.

And sorry, but birth control coverage mandates for health insurance is absolutely nothing like forcing priests to marry gays.

Buncha whining babies...all of ya.... Relax n enjoy life...it's short enough

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom