Former Saint Alvin Toles shows how to be a great father (1 Viewer)

Cincy Saint

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Alvin Toles, 58, who spent four years playing for the New Orleans Saints gets up at 2 a.m. most mornings, hauls chemicals in his truck for a living, and never lets a day go by without making sure [his son] is eating, taking his medication and is safe from his demons.

Sad but inspirational story.

USA TODAY

Paternal instincts is a true thing. I remember that feeling that I would do anything to keep my offspring safe. Had it even before my first was born. Huge props to him bc I have yet to deal with anything remotely close to what he is dealing with. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads on here. Hug and hold your kids regardless of age bc you may never know what is around the corner or what this world has in store for us.

Trivia time: who returned the blocked FG to put the Saints ahead of the 49ers in 1987?

Trivia time: who returned the blocked FG to put the Saints ahead of the 49ers in 1987?
That would be Mr. Toles, whose touchdown was the only one of the game in the infamous "coulda-woulda-shoulda" home loss to the Niners.

Likely would have stayed on special teams had he not suffered the injury in '88. The Dome Patrol 'backers didn't provide for any obvious job openings back then. Still, he was one of Bum's less-remembered solid picks since he didn't always see the field. What he's doing now for his son is outstanding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom