Former Saint Hokie Gajan: "You just couldn't have started the season any better" (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You just couldn't have started the season any better
by Hokie Gajan, WWL

Well, the Saints are showing what a complete ball club they are. You gotta look at where they are right now, especially their run offense, which has been so criticized in the past. Now, they've established that they had the 2nd leading rushing attack in the NFL. What they did against the Jets certainly didn't hurt anything. Looking at the totals -32 carries for 153 yards. Those were numbers we just DREAMED of in the past.

They're also proving to be patient when they need to be, and when they needed the drive at the end of the game to seal it, they did it. You can't overlook what the D has been doing. They've intercepted rookie quarterbacks three times.

The special teams pitched in as well, playing exceptionally well, barring that first game against Detroit. It was a complete team effort today.

Speaking of team effort, don't forget about this crowd that was here today. It was SOME kind of loud out there...

...Overall, you know, you just couldn't have started the season any better. The Saints are 2 of 2 against New York teams, but I think the next New York team will be a lot tougher. It's nice to have the bye week to get healthy, then face the Giants full-strength when they come in here. The Giants will be a team to be reckoned with.

I tell you, I'm as ecstatic as the fans and the players are, going 4 and 0 and going into the break. In the preseason we said, "Man, if we can be 3-1, we'd be on cloud nine." This is as good as it gets, I have never heard anyone talk about a cloud ten, so we are as high as we can be.

Who would have thought that the Saints would be 4-0, and especially doing it in this fashion, running the football and playing strong defense!
Link: http://www.wwl.com/pages/3083261.php

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom