Former Saint QB Chase Daniel - leading men to Christ. A great read! (1 Viewer)

Uh,you don't think bringing someone to Christ is not charity?

it depends

it can also be genocide

genocide1.jpg

I'm Christian and have no problem with the story. I do wonder how many would be excited about it if it was the heartwarming story of a young quarterback converting 5 of his teammates to Islam.

Actually, I think many of the same people would actually be excited about it, and more, just in a different way.

8cff2baaf2a046e00b2ee3d0556f1c02.jpg

t3_5jy8pz

A lot of churches do such charity, after Katrina I was amazed by the number of church groups from around the country that came down to help people clean, demolish, or rebuild. As far as the OP, believers will think that he's doing good works, and non believers shouldn't care either way. It's the disrespect towards Christians I don't care for.

Well said.

No, I am not a Buddhist zealot. That would be against the very tenets of Buddhism.

I've never claimed Buddhism is the one and only path to God or spiritual enlightenment...because I don't belief it is.

So...no. I follow the Buddha's last words: Be a lamp unto yourself. All the while being a practicing Catholic. Buddhism is to acquire freedom from suffering in this lifetime and catholicism for the possible afterlife. I love my church and temple equally.
Actually the 2 are quite compatible. Read the works of Thomas Merton or Thich Nhat Hanh's Living Buddha, Living Christ for further clarification.

Sorry, off topic.

It seems things get posted on the main board about players that sexually assault, murder, rob others etc. and it stays. You post something about someone doing good and it gets moved. Sad that we have given into the world's demands.
No one gave in to any demands, worldly or otherwise. While a nice story about salvation, it won't effect the Saints or any other team's season, and isn't at its core football related.

Rule violating activities result in suspensions, and are germane to the discussion of football as they directly affect the outcome of games. It is unfortunate, but that's why those types of discussions fit the template of what we have the Super Forum for.

And this story, and the resulting discussion fit the intent of the Everything Else board perfectly. It should not be seen as any type of demotion, comment on society, or Saints Report endorsement or criticism of the story.

No one gave in to any demands, worldly or otherwise. While a nice story about salvation, it won't effect the Saints or any other team's season, and isn't at its core football related.

Rule violating activities result in suspensions, and are germane to the discussion of football as they directly affect the outcome of games. It is unfortunate, but that's why those types of discussions fit the template of what we have the Super Forum for.

And this story, and the resulting discussion fit the intent of the Everything Else board perfectly. It should not be seen as any type of demotion, comment on society, or Saints Report endorsement or criticism of the story.

Let's not be so cavalier about this
The Eagles are 6-9 this year
Thus God has blessed them 6 times and rebuked them 9
Assuming Chase is responsible for the 6 because god, how do we account for the 9?

Let's not be so cavalier about this
The Eagles are 6-9 this year
Thus God has blessed them 6 times and rebuked them 9
Assuming Chase is responsible for the 6 because god, how do we account for the 9?
They let a Ginger beat Chase out as starting quarterback, and we all know that they do not have a soul.

Actually the 2 are quite compatible. Read the works of Thomas Merton or Thich Nhat Hanh's Living Buddha, Living Christ for further clarification.

Sorry, off topic.

I actually have read that (Living Buddha, Living Christ, that is...). It gave me more confidence in being an active member in the Catholic Church again after years of not going.

I found the ICC at Loyola. I've always preferred the Jesuits version of Catholicism and find it to be a great community. I don't find any conflicts between the teachings of Christ and the Buddha. To each his own. I just think that inclusiveness is the better way to go instead of exclusion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom