Former Saints carrying Eagles over #2 NFC team (1 Viewer)

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Take away Jenkins and Sprowles, Giants win easily. Maybe we over manage our roster?

You can't blame the front office. Everyone expected Byrd to be an upgrade. Sproles is a head scratcher, but I know most fans felt our plays became predictable when Sproles was in the game. I don't believe we should've let Sproles go.

Well we needed money to pay Jimmy that year so Sproles and some other vets were moved. Always easy looking back now and saying what we shoulda done.

Nobody remembers that whenever this is bought up but that offseason was the pay Jimmy WR or TE controversy.

Amazing how we needed space for Jimmy, so we let Jenkins and Sproles go + signed Byrd (bust) to that huge contract. Resigning/resurrected Brees' contract was never on the table (even though it could've helped cap).

Someone needs to fired for the decisions that have been made for the past 5 years but no one is ever held to any type of standard. Special teams sucks..... LB corp sucks..... High FA sucks.... Defense sucks.... Good players are let go for higher signed replacements who do crap.... Nothing!!!

You can't blame the front office. Everyone expected Byrd to be an upgrade. Sproles is a head scratcher, but I know most fans felt our plays became predictable when Sproles was in the game. I don't believe we should've let Sproles go.

Sproles is an enigma. RBs usually see a sharp decline after the age of 28...Sproles has been one of the few exceptions. The Saints also had PT at the time, who was a fan favorite. The year before PT was showing signs of decline...Sproles not so much. I don't fault the Saints for parting with Sproles...it was a calculated risk. But keeping PT over Sproles was a mistake. And it's not just a hindsight mistake...it was a "can see it coming" mistake.

With Byrd, the Saints paid big money to a player coming off injury. Everyone was excited, but a more level headed objective person could see the risk of offering that type of money to someone who was actively injured. Jenkins essentially proved how poor the coaching and supporting cast on the Saints was (is?). Makes you think what guys like Jordan and Vaccaro would do elsewhere...Id bet theyd be household names.

One more point....Saints never have three time outs left at the end of a game. It makes for a whole different game at the end.

The media needs to hold Payton and loomis accountable. Payton with his smugness toward the media is ok if you are winning all the time but he is the highest paid coach and has fielded disastrous defenses

Jenkins was one we flopped on. We could have used him. Would he make our defense go from porous to great? No. But he would have continued to be a needed piece.

Sproles..eh. I love him. Really do. But our offense hasn't missed a beat with him. Sproles is a great luxury player on a Sean Payton team. We don't need luxuries at the moment, we need defensive playmakers.

Every time Sproles runs for 9 yards, or Jenkins has an interception, people bring up the "we should have never let them go" conversations.

It's in the past.

Let it go.

Let it go. The Saints are 7-8 and the Eagles are 6-9. The ex-Saints aren't making that much of a difference.

I definitely blame the front office.

First of all, Jenkins and Byrd came out in the same draft. Our front office identified Jenkins as the player we wanted, and we selected him ahead of Byrd.

Jenkins was a first round pick that we drafted and developed in our system. A good player and a team captain. We ditched our own guy and broke the bank for a free agent, thinking the grass would be greener on the other side. Jenkins production increases when he leaves New Orleans and Byrd's production drops when he comes to New Orleans. Turns out the system was the problem, not the player. Yeah, plenty of blame to go around here.

Well we needed money to pay Jimmy that year so Sproles and some other vets were moved. Always easy looking back now and saying what we shoulda done.

Nobody remembers that whenever this is bought up but that offseason was the pay Jimmy WR or TE controversy.

We signed Byrd the same year we let go of Jenkins. Byrd's contract was twice as much as Jenkins. It had nothing to do with saving salary cap space for Jimmy Graham.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom