Former Saints DT Malcom Brown released (1 Viewer)

I’d love to sign him but I think the Saints will sit and wait until after week 1 to sign him so his contract is not guaranteed as they have done with several veterans over the years. He may be gone by then but it a calculated risk

In sort of related veteran defensive tackle news in weighing options from NFL.com

33) Tashan Reed of The Athletic reports that the Raiders are interested in Ndamukong Suh, who is seeking $9 million per year. That number explains why the 35-year-old Suh is still a free agent despite showing he can still play as a Buc last year. If Suh is willing to take half that much, he should be with a team by Week 1. The Raiders, Browns and Cowboys all have too much cap space and could use a big body up front.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-p...hings-to-know-about-position-battles-injuries

I would think teams and players push the point of negotiation to miss training camp with vets wanting that guaranteed contract of being on a roster for week 1 and teams hoping to sign for week 2 or later in some cases.
The difference between a player like Suh and Brown might be a $2 million contract compared to the $9 noted above. Brown was set to make $3 million before being cut by the Jags.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom