Former Saints DT Malcom Brown released (1 Viewer)

They have a new staff there. It looks like they are going in a different direction. Teams cut vets or players that are good during this time of year so they can try to get a gig somewhere else before final cuts. Look at Winston for the Saints nobody thought he was getting cut this early, but with our numbers at WR he wasn't going to make it. Now he is with the Browns.
Whew, got confused there on "Winston" (in an already confusing situation with two Malcolm Browns lol). But another good point about a team making an early cut so a decent player has time to get a new gig.

I’m just saying cutting a good DT is a very Jaguar thing to do. They spend money like they have their own printing press and still only win like 4 games
Oh, Brit Brit understood what you were saying. She was just thinking it through.

Last edited:
I would like to see the Saints bring him back. Our run defense was elite when he was here. It was still very good without him last season. I would like to see him in a 4-man rotation with Onyemata, Jaleel Johnson and Street. We need to keep the Big Dawgs fresh. A 5-man rotation would be even better. But as some you have said, who would we release?

My thing is whose spot is he going to take. The starting line is set, then for rotation there is Granderson KPass and Street. Second NFL is more of a passer league than even 2 years ago.. gotta have a line full of capable pass rushers that can happen to limit the run.
Neither Granderson, Kpassagnon, or Street are NT’s so the same person who was slotted into his position when we traded him to free up cap space, Tuttle. I like Tuttle and he improved last year compared to the 3 games he filled in for Brown in 2020, but he still ain’t Brown.

Shutting down the run completely with Brown in the line up then keeps those guys more fresh for when it’s time to pin their ears back and rush the passer.

Neither Granderson, Kpassagnon, or Street are NT’s so the same person who was slotted into his position when we traded him to free up cap space, Tuttle. I like Tuttle and he improved last year compared to the 3 games he filled in for Brown in 2020, but he still ain’t Brown.

Shutting down the run completely with Brown in the line up then keeps those guys more fresh for when it’s time to pin their ears back and rush the passer.
... probably Malcolm Roach

I would like to see the Saints bring him back. Our run defense was elite when he was here. It was still very good without him last season. I would like to see him in a 4-man rotation with Onyemata, Jaleel Johnson and Street. We need to keep the Big Dawgs fresh. A 5-man rotation would be even better. But as some you have said, who would we release?
Book

You have me sold. I started thinking while watching mindless NFL shows, teams will.have a hard time passing so naturally they might try to run. They cant run, then they will try to force the ball andvthe secondary will be waiting there to get a completion from Tom Brady. Hopefully Ceedy. Just so he can taunt Brady again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom