Former Saints DT Malcom Brown released (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Probably just carry 5 WRs. After Thomas, Olave, Landry, and Harty... none of the other receivers are putting on the kind of camp and preseason show to be in the running for "camp beast" let alone a spot on the final 53. The Saints won't carry just 4, so I think they'll take Callaway and that's it. The rest they like will be on the PS or IR'd. They'd lose no one on defense and only lose a WR who is either going to be playing ST or a gameday inactive.
After last year i have no problem with N.O keeping 6 WR. It was a nightmare come true last year having guys come off the street and play a good amount of snaps or even start. Having Hogan both of them, LJH, White, Stiils last year was about as bad as things could get. Especially when there were games when they were a second or third option.

VPCajun

SR is my life!
Reaction score
You have me sold. I started thinking while watching mindless NFL shows, teams will.have a hard time passing so naturally they might try to run. They cant run, then they will try to force the ball andvthe secondary will be waiting there to get a completion from Tom Brady. Hopefully Ceedy. Just so he can taunt Brady again.
My avatar fully concurs!

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I would like to see the Saints bring him back. Our run defense was elite when he was here. It was still very good without him last season. I would like to see him in a 4-man rotation with Onyemata, Jaleel Johnson and Street. We need to keep the Big Dawgs fresh. A 5-man rotation would be even better. But as some you have said, who would we release?
Johnson went on IR today unfortunately.

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
After last year i have no problem with N.O keeping 6 WR. It was a nightmare come true last year having guys come off the street and play a good amount of snaps or even start. Having Hogan both of them, LJH, White, Stiils last year was about as bad as things could get. Especially when there were games when they were a second or third option.

Last years top 3 receiving options are now #4, 5, and 6 on the depth chart. Totally different group of receivers heading this charge.

mdperry

Veteran
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, it is being reported that he was limited during OTAs with an injury and couldn't do enough to make the 53-man roster.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So, it is being reported that he was limited during OTAs with an injury and couldn't do enough to make the 53-man roster.
They cut him this early for a reason. Bringing him in might not do us any good.

Reaction score
If it isn't injury related or if the injury is minor, then ok.
I looked everywhere just now on my lunch break, no news or mention of any injury. I did see that two younger players they brought in last year and this year are most likely the reason for releasing him. A lot of times nfl teams do this to vets to give them an opportunity to latch onto another team in rime to learn a new system before the season starts.

Lazarus

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
IDK I think it may be 5 with a couple stashed on the practice squad, I think we end up carrying 4 TE Taysom, Trautman, Johnson and Vannet

mdperry

Veteran
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I looked everywhere just now on my lunch break, no news or mention of any injury. I did see that two younger players they brought in last year and this year are most likely the reason for releasing him. A lot of times nfl teams do this to vets to give them an opportunity to latch onto another team in rime to learn a new system before the season starts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom