Former Saints LB Manti Te'o Netflix Documentary is Out (1 Viewer)

I just watched it. I really think that this Roniah person needs to pay dearly! He/she/it ruined the life of Manti Teo. I feel like the pressure of college football and need to prove yourself daily really made him vunerable to situation. I mean think about it , the whole world of dating apps is based upon the same thing until you finally meet. I feel for Manti. I'd love to see the Saints or Brian Kelly at LSU bring him in as a coach or something so that he can at least be a great example to others today. I'm sure he'd be a great coach!

Finished it. FWIW, he did say that his anxiety issues were during his first 3 seasons with the Chargers. He played several seasons after that, so apparently he overcame it or found relief of some sort.

When he was with the Saints, I remember him being very consistent and effective for us in his role.
Looks like he overcame being catfished as well...

c3NsPTE

NC5qcGc

I watched it last night. It was absolutely insane what that dude/chick/thing did to him, and the lengths he/she went to in order to trick this guy. With that being said, I don't see how anyone can say they have a "girlfriend" without ever laying eyes on them. Sure did mess with that dude's head though.

I watched it last night. It was absolutely insane what that dude/chick/thing did to him, and the lengths he/she went to in order to trick this guy. With that being said, I don't see how anyone can say they have a "girlfriend" without ever laying eyes on them. Sure did mess with that dude's head though.
Have to remember how young he was.

He maybe socially awkward when it comes to girls. It was basically “family, god, and football” while he was growing up. ND wasn’t his first choice but was a sign from god. Sad story. He could’ve had a better NFL career.

I didn’t realize how much the whole situation and the blowback affected his ability to be a leader on a football team. His leadership skills were one of, if not the best quality he possessed during his college career. Unfortunately after the scandal, players and coaches were more reserved about him and looked at the guy differently. It really ruined his career. By the end of this documentary, I really felt bad for Manti.

Agreed, what they did was horrible, no remorse and to this day still all about them, so very sad

I am it watching now. After watching this I really wish this documentary had came out right after the sandal. This would of change the perception of Manti and his career would of had flourished. As a fan when he played for us, the incident did cross my mind a little. But overall I knew he was a good player that needed another chance. I was a fan of him. When he played, he was solid. I wonder why he was not given more opportunities with us. He wasn't the fastest but he had the drive.

Last edited:
i thought it was a phenomenal documentary and really highlights the evil people can experience in this life. This guy got completely jacked and I would say the only thing he didn't do was force meeting her. But I can't blame him for htat he was busy and didn't want to force anything. he's a great guy and didn't deserve what happened to him.

I get it...finding flaws in people who achieved at levels in their craft that only a handful of people ever reach makes those of us with no real life achievement feel a tad bit better...

Do you feel better now?

I get it...finding flaws in people who achieved at levels in their craft that only a handful of people ever reach makes those of us with no real life achievement feel a tad bit better...

Do you feel better now?
What??? Lol. I had to read that like 3 times

If I'm the 19-21 year old stud MLB, Heisman candidate and poster boy for the NCAA the one thing I would never get catfished because I'd be busy getting Tuna'd and a long distance relationship wouldn't even be something that is on the table. That's just me though.

If you watched the documentary it discusses how he was raised (very religious) and back then "catfishing" wasn't a thing.

The guy that catfished him went to such extremes as making an entire fake family. He also contacted friend of Teo's so they would confirm her existence.

Truly disgusting behavior.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom