Former Saints on 2023 Pro Football HOF Ballot (1 Viewer)

Strange, odd thing about Howie Long being inducted into the HOF is that if you examine his career stats along with all of his Raiders defensive teammates from the early 80's to early 90's, Long didnt even have the most sacks, Greg Townsend did with 109.5 and he'll likely never even sniff Canton.
It’s a popular contest now.

Jake Delhomme and Joe Horn…..really?
Thats because that is how this part of the HoF process works...anyone (and by that I mean anyone) can nominate anybody that played in the NFL and has been retired for the requisite number of years.

If you dont see somebody you think should have been nominated it literally is your fault.

Larry Csonka, was one hell of a FB back in an era(early-to-mid 19'70's) when the position was still widely used and kind of in vogue. He won two SB's with Miami Dolphins, and played in 3 consecutive ones, and enjoyed a long, fruitful career even after the WFL ended midseason in 1974, with the Giants and then finished his career with Shula's Dolphins again in 1980.
Csonka got an awful lot of carries for the Dolphins. A better example might be John Henry Johnson who played in the Million $ backfiled for the Niners back when Tittle, Hugh "The King" McElheny and Joe "the Jet" Perry played.

But even he was a versatille back. For the 49ers in 54 (his rookie season) he was second in the league for yards only behind his teammate that he blocked for.

When he played under Buddy Parker with the Lions he was more comparable to a Fullback but still amassed a good number of yards.

At the end of his career he played for Pittsburgh where he started consistently getting the lions share of the carries.

The other one that comes to mind and is a favorite of some old time Saints fans is Jim Taylor.

That is because Deon is an idiot
No, he's not (that's quite disrespectful and biased), several pro bowlers have complained the hall is being watered down. The complaint is that they are letting guys that are not generational talents in.

No, he's not (that's quite disrespectful and biased), several pro bowlers have complained the hall is being watered down. The complaint is that they are letting guys that are not generational talents in.
No he is an idiot....they only let 5 players in a year max (+1 for a senior candidate) if that...there are some bubble guys sure, but they keep more great players out then they let in simply because of this max induction policy..

Really who is in that shouldnt be in since Deon's era of induction?

The marginal players in the HoF that I can name are from his era of induction...

• Chris Doleman
  • Troy Aikman
  • Michael Irvin
  • Roger Wehrli
  • Fred Dean

...and I am fine with all of them being in.

Wait, Roddy White is on this list?

giphy.webp
I know he played for the freaking Falcons (SMH) but that still a UAB legend. Roddy going to Atlanta was rough on me..lol

No he is an idiot....they only let 5 players in a year max (+1 for a senior candidate) if that...there are some bubble guys sure, but they keep more great players out then they let in simply because of this max induction policy..

The marginal players in the HoF that I can name are from his era of induction...

• Chris Doleman
  • Troy Aikman
  • Michael Irvin
  • Roger Wehrli
  • Fred Dean

The more you think about Aikman the more you realize he is in because he was the quarterback on the most popular football team in America that won 3 Super Bowls. He didn’t revolutionize the position, put up amazing numbers, and played with talent in front of him (and behind him). The guy was the modern day Terry Bradshaw, and Tom Brady will be the modern day them.

• Chris Doleman
  • Troy Aikman
  • Michael Irvin
  • Roger Wehrli
  • Fred Dean

Why do you keep calling him an idiot? Also, he's not the only guy who has said this Rod Woodson and Shannon Sharpe basically said the same thing. You called Michael Irvin a marginal guy. :D
Woodson's comments start around 13:00

Last edited:
Why do you keep calling him an idiot? Also, he's not the only guy who has said this Rod Woodson and Shannon Sharpe basically said the same thing. You called Michael Irvin a marginal guy. :D
Woodson's comments start around 13:00

I dont follow you...
At 13:00 Woodson says the only thing he would change is make no minimum number of players...the problem with this statement is that there is no minimum number of players.

And I only called Irvin a marginal player by comparison to all the other HoFers I said that he belongs but if we were making a 22-man roster (11+11) from the HoF of the bottom players at their position from within the HoF Irvin would be on that roster.

I think if you are going to say the HoF is watered down in recent years you should at least be equipped to have that discussion and point to the new inductees that would be on that roster.

My entire argument is that Irvin would be on that roster and is still good enough to be in the HoF which means that Deon is just uninformed and wrong.

The more you think about Aikman the more you realize he is in because he was the quarterback on the most popular football team in America that won 3 Super Bowls. He didn’t revolutionize the position, put up amazing numbers, and played with talent in front of him (and behind him). The guy was the modern day Terry Bradshaw, and Tom Brady will be the modern day them.
Exactly he is one of the weakest QBs in the HoF and yet he still belongs. How can the HoF be watered down if its weakest members belong?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom