Former Saints receiver Marques Colston weighing football*future (1 Viewer)

mrwhodat

Saintiac
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Former Saints receiver Marques Colston weighing football future - Canal Street Chronicles

Original column: Marques Colston, ex-Saints WR and Harrisburg native, in wait-and-see mode about NFL career | PennLive.com

PennLive’s Aaron Kasinitz caught up with the ex-Saints receiver on Friday, and said that he’s in a wait-and-see mode on what he’ll do with his football career.

"Once I'm done with rehab, I'll see what's out there,"

Per the column, Colston is coming back from a shoulder injury and has no intention of joining any club before training camp ends.

He may be an option down the road if one of our other WR get injured. If he's signed after week 1, his contract isn't guaranteed.

It's obvious he wasn't completely healthy last season. They guy put his body on the line every play. You have to admire that. Just, get healthy. The rest will take care of itself.

I think Colston should play for the arena football team that he owns in Philidelphia. It would generate interest and sell tickets, which benefits him as an owner. And in the arena league Colston could still be a star player, but in the NFL he's going to be relegated to the 4th or 5th WR.

I think Colston should play for the arena football team that he owns in Philidelphia. It would generate interest and sell tickets, which benefits him as an owner. And in the arena league Colston could still be a star player, but in the NFL he's going to be relegated to the 4th or 5th WR.

It's a totally different game. I don't think his frame translates well, he made his living finding the holes in zones and creating space/mismatches with his body. The AFL field is 1/2 the size. I think if he's fully healthy he can put up respectable numbers for his age for 1-2 seasons and if we needed a WR when he's ready I would really hope we would give him a shot. It would not be for the 7mil price tag that his last contract was here.

I hope he just retires. I rather play the new/young guys than have him back. The only way I would be cool with Colston back, is if we get with an injury to Cooks, Thomas, or Snead. Or maybe if Coleman completely digresses to where he doesn't make this team. Then I would likely still want to see TommyLee Lewis get those snaps. I think Coleman is a lock to make the team though and will be the 4th or 5th guy depending on who looks better out of him & Lewis.

I hope he just retires. I rather play the new/young guys than have him back. The only way I would be cool with Colston back, is if we get with an injury to Cooks, Thomas, or Snead. Or maybe if Coleman completely digresses to where he doesn't make this team. Then I would likely still want to see TommyLee Lewis get those snaps. I think Coleman is a lock to make the team though and will be the 4th or 5th guy depending on who looks better out of him & Lewis.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marques Colston wants to continue NFL career - NFL.com

The New Orleans Saints' all-time leader in receptions (711), receiving yards (9,759) and receiving touchdowns (72) intends to continue his football career once he's fully recovered from postseason shoulder surgery.

"Once I'm done with rehab," Colston said this week, via PennLive.com, "I'll see what's out there."

The 33-year-old added that there's "no rush" to find a new team, suggesting he won't sign before training camps end.

Marques Colston wants to continue NFL career - NFL.com

I think any of our 5th WR candidates could easily go to PS with little risk. I wouldn't mind having him for one more year for veteran leadership and to get his 10,000 yards. If the price is right of course. Michael Thomas could learn a helluva lot about body control from this man.

Really hope if he's healthy enough to play, he comes back here. It would rip my heart out to see him in another uniform.

Injury situations on other teams will determine Colston's plans. And honestly, I'd rather see our WR corps become solid and healthy enough to make it on its own. Even if he signs somewhere else, don't expect to see starter-type numbers, or even playing time.

It does remain unfortunate he didn't quite reach the 10K mark, but he's easily the number 1 receiver on any all-time Saints team you can put together.

I hope he does play again, and for as long as he wants. It's a business, and he should be able to make a buck as long as the market allows it.

If he gets healthy enough bring him back. He needs that 10,000 yard mark from Brees and I want him to climb the QB to WR TD list. I think he needs several to climb to around 5 or so. No way he sniffs number 1, Manning to Harrison for like 111 TDs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom