Former Saints, Ricky Williams and Earl Campbell honored by University of Texas (1 Viewer)

Earl is still one of my favorite running backs to watch of all time. He is paying the price now but man he was a battering ram that no one wanted to tackle. I still remember when he got traded to the Saints...there was a glimpse of the old Earl when he broke that long run...and then someone ran him down from behind and punched the ball out before he could score :(

Watching this clip I guess I never realized Hebert and Campbell were in the backfield at the same time. Anyway, very end of this around 40 secs he gets the ball punched out:

Last edited:
Earl is still one of my favorite running backs to watch of all time. He is paying the price now but man he was a battering ram that no one wanted to tackle. I still remember when he got traded to the Saints...there was a glimpse of the old Earl when he broke that long run...and then someone ran him down from behind and punched the ball out before he could score :(

Indeed Earl was a beast his first few years in the league. Bum wanted to run it a million times a game and Earl was the perfect instrument for that. Here's his best work, from his rookie year....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom