Former SMU punter Thomas Morstead talks career with the Saints (1 Viewer)

• Admin
By Tommy Chafizadeh | Pony Stampede

Former SMU punter, Thomas Morstead joined 104.5 ESPN Baton Rouge's Jordy Culotta and T-Bob Hebert on Off the Bench to discuss his 10-year career with the New Orleans Saints. Morstead is determined to make it to the Super Bowl next year and is one of the league's best punters.

"I think everybody is excited about the season, obviously the time is now. You know, back to back devastating losses, that's why it's great to have an awesome locker room. That's why having the right guys in the locker room is important, to get up off the mat after losing the way we've done the past two years," Morstead told 104.5 ESPN Baton Rouge. "It takes the right type of guys to do that, so I think everybody is excited about it. We don't need any motivation or clever-thing to get us right this year, I think everybody knows what the deal is."

Last year, Morstead resigned with the Saints for a five-year deal, estimated at $20 million. He has been with New Orleans since he was drafted in the fifth round of the 2009 NFL draft. He and Drew Brees are currently the only two remaining players of the Saints 2010 Super Bowl victory. Morstead discussed what it takes to last as long as he and Brees have in the league.

Full Story - Stampede

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom