Former ULM receiver Brent Leonard reportedly signs with the Saints (1 Viewer)

Not to thread jack OP, but this is probably the most racist thing I've seen on these forums. So because he is a white WR, you compare him to 7 other white receivers? That's just ridiculous.

I don't give out red thumbs, but you earned this one. I feel sorry for you... :jpshakehead:

Based on the picture, his physical attributes remind me of the mentioned receivers. How do we get to a point where race comes in, unless people have a race chip on their shoulder.
Can we get to the point where the guy has talent and we want him to succeed, and by the way he reminds someone of someone else who has the same race, same body type, and good hands?

Not to thread jack OP, but this is probably the most racist thing I've seen on these forums. So because he is a white WR, you compare him to 7 other white receivers? That's just ridiculous.

I don't give out red thumbs, but you earned this one. I feel sorry for you... :jpshakehead:

It was a joke dawg.

He sure doesn't look like much does he? Haha i'm telling you though, he's tough as nails an was just as productive in money games as he was against sun belt schools. He's going to make it in the league. I just hope it's with the Saints.

I hate me some Warhawks, but he always impressed me when we played. He's got some "it" factor to him.

I'm pretty sure he intended that as a joke.

If it was intended as a joke, then he should have added some sort of a wink or a haha or something because people actually make those comparisons based on race, and it's ignorant. I sincerely doubt he was joking, but we can drop it I guess. I just felt compelled to say something.

Based on the picture, his physical attributes remind me of the mentioned receivers. How do we get to a point where race comes in, unless people have a race chip on their shoulder.
Can we get to the point where the guy has talent and we want him to succeed, and by the way he reminds someone of someone else who has the same race, same body type, and good hands?

That's exactly the problem. You are basing your assumptions on the fact that he is white, rather than how he plays the game. BlackDynamite said the same thing, "based on the picture." That's just ignorant.

It was a joke dawg.

Your screen name is BlackDynamite, your profile pic is of an african american male, and you didn't indicate any sort of "joking" in your post. With only 6 posts, it's hard to take your word for it since I don't know you. Anyway, while I don't believe that you were joking, it is what it is. We'll just leave it alone since the thread is supposed to be positive.

If it was intended as a joke, then he should have added some sort of a wink or a haha or something because people actually make those comparisons based on race, and it's ignorant. I sincerely doubt he was joking, but we can drop it I guess. I just felt compelled to say something.

That's exactly the problem. You are basing your assumptions on the fact that he is white, rather than how he plays the game. BlackDynamite said the same thing, "based on the picture." That's just ignorant.

Your screen name is BlackDynamite, your profile pic is of an african american male, and you didn't indicate any sort of "joking" in your post. With only 6 posts, it's hard to take your word for it since I don't know you. Anyway, while I don't believe that you were joking, it is what it is. We'll just leave it alone since the thread is supposed to be positive.

If you say so cuz. If I had a million posts, you still wouldn't know me. This is a Internet forum. Tell you the truth, I don't care if you believe it was a joke or not. If the guy can play then he can play.

Dude, EVERY White receiver is compared to other White receivers on this forum...I was a Chase Lyman fan myself...I want the next Steve Largent to be a Saint.

I was thinking he'd play like Keith Poole, myself. :shrug:

He reminds me of Wayne Chrebet, Wes Welker, Ed McCaffrey, Keith Poole, Danny Abramowicz, Cris Collinsworth, and Steve Largent rolled into one. I'm not sure why.

If you say so cuz. If I had a million posts, you still wouldn't know me. This is a Internet forum. Tell you the truth, I don't care if you believe it was a joke or not. If the guy can play then he can play.

Dude felt threatened... He saw BLACKdynamite and immediately made it a race issue... Hell the best player on the team is White (Brees) and this guy is offended that a white guy got compared to another white guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom