Forrest Gump: Love it or Hate it? (1 Viewer)

Forrest Gump: Love it or Hate it?

• Love it!

Votes: 168 86.6%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 20 10.3%
  • Used to love it now I hate it!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Used to hate it now I love it!

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When I first saw Forrest Gump I loved it, I thought that it was one of the best movies I'd seen in a long time.

Afterwards the movie seemed to get longer and longer each time I watched it.

It was on last night and I watched a good bit of it in the first time in years. I loved it all over and forgot how funny it was and how good Tom Hanks was in it.

I know alot of people hate it now, hated it then, hated Tom Hanks perfomance, hated the digital historical manipulation etc.

Your thoughts?

One of the best movies ever. So many great quotes from that movie!

Very good movie. It's one of those movies, for me anyway, if it's on, I'll usually watch it.

Caught the last hour of it last night.:ezbill:

I'm sure Widge will be along to join me in the "Hate it!" category.

It's a stupid movie but I love the soundtrack so I like it.

Can't wait for the Bluray this Tuesday.

That kid may be the stupidest son of a ***** I've ever seen, but he sure is fast!

I'm sure Widge will be along to join me in the "Hate it!" category.

:17:

One of the worst pieces of fluff propaganda anyone has ever made. It's incidious in it's stupidity. It implies that "be nice" is all you need to be successful in life and devalues education and intelligence. Beyond that, Tom Hanks makes any movie worse than it could have been and this one was going to be bad either way.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if people didn't keep quoting lines from it like they were sage advice. I mean, "stupid is as stupid does", what does that even mean? Stupid people act stupid. Really? I had no idea.

storyline for forrest gump 2.

Gump & Co takes place several years after the events of the first book/movie. Forrest’s shrimping business has gone bust, and Jenny has died, leaving Forrest to provide for Forrest, Jr., his intelligent, though emotionally distant, son. Forrest’s mother has also died. Jenny occasionally makes an appearance as a sort of guardian angel for Forrest and their son. Gump stumbles through important U.S. events in the 1980s and early 1990s. Some of the events include: Playing football for the New Orleans Saints

YES he plays for the saints whats better then that?

I didn't really like it in the movies but I like it now. It is one of those movies I can watch sitting on the couch no matter how many times it is on.

If nothing else, this movie added a number of idioms and idiomatic expressions which have become an instantly recognizable part of everyday communication.

I consider a movie that adds even one such expression (ie: "You can't handle the truth!") to be noteworthy.

Gump is chock full of them and thus rates exceptional in my book.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom