Forum Question (1 Viewer)

Cougar 1

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Well, we've played our first Thanksgiving Day game against the rival Cowboys, and came away with a big,exciting win! According to posts on another thread, it was one of the most watched turkey day games in 15 years. That said, what are your feelings about playing another Thanksgiving Day game in the near future, maybe even in the Dome?

Thanks in advance!

Coming off a BYE = :17:
Otherwise, :nono:

I actually hate Thursday games, but it turned out great for us twice this year. :17:

Coming off a BYE = :17:
Otherwise, :nono:

I actually hate Thursday games, but it turned out great for us twice this year. :17:

Bye weeks normally end before Thanksgiving every year. I could be wrong though, but I don't think there hasn't been any bye weeks after week 10 since the early 2000's

I kinda liked seeing the national attention. So, I wouldn't mind seeing us play on Thanksgiving again.

Of course if it happens at the dome, it means it would be the 3rd game of the day aired on NFL network -- which ends up being almost the forgotten game of the day on Thanksgiving.

Frankly, I prefer that Saints games are played on Sunday... and of course the occasional Monday night. I really don't care about the 'national exposure' argument since this is not college football where popularity determines your ranking.

I've watched the Thanksgiving day games, but I've also opted for other activities on that day off from work. If the Saints are playing, I have no option. I'm glued to my screen.

I think there are more negatives than positives to playing a mid week game. I'll take a Sunday game over a Thursday every time.

Well I'm torn -

I loved having a day off, eating too much, and then watching the game with my entire family (all huge Saints fans).

BUT I also know that the short week puts tremendous stress on the team and coaching staff. Game prep is is shortened and injured players don't have time to recover.

It was fun but for the team's playoff chances I think I prefer noon Sunday games.

My family are late risers and it was all I could do to get dinner going and finished by kick off. I had the Turkeys fried by 1:15 but everything else wasn't ready until 2:45. If I had my way all games would be on Saturdays after 3:00. Especially the Super Bowl, people have to work the next morning, and kids have to go to school. What are they thinking?

I'd rather have the late game. The 4pm slot was bad because we usually eat at 6-7. The game went late so we couldn't eat until 8 and the late prep overlapped the game.

My family are late risers and it was all I could do to get dinner going and finished by kick off. I had the Turkeys fried by 1:15 but everything else wasn't ready until 2:45. If I had my way all games would be on Saturdays after 3:00. Especially the Super Bowl, people have to work the next morning, and kids have to go to school. What are they thinking?

They don't want to compete with college football. Even when that's done, many people go out on Saturday night. The NFL wants a captive audience for it's games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom