Forum Wisdom was 1 for 3 in the Draft (1 Viewer)

I never believed that QB was a serious target. I did believe that WR was a target but I based that mostly on what "I think" I know about SP. I bet that his love of weapons would make this class irresistible.
The Saints will trade for Drew's heir, who will be a Teddy Bridgewater -type QB. Had drew decided to retire, it would be Teddy under center this year. I think Taysom is always going to be a gadget QB, at least with the Saints.

The Saints will trade for Drew's heir, who will be a Teddy Bridgewater -type QB. Had drew decided to retire, it would be Teddy under center this year. I think Taysom is always going to be a gadget QB, at least with the Saints.

I mean, taking Tommy Stevens seems to suggest that Payton really wants to move to a more of a dual threat QB. With Stevens, you would have a backup that would not force you to change the offense if Hill gets hurt. It also fits with getting nasty interior O-Linemen and a TE that can block and work the short area of the field. I was skeptical that the Saints were really going to give Hill a shot, but it's looking more and more like Payton is really going to give Hill a legitimate shot.

I mean, taking Tommy Stevens seems to suggest that Payton really wants to move to a more of a dual threat QB. With Stevens, you would have a backup that would not force you to change the offense if Hill gets hurt. It also fits with getting nasty interior O-Linemen and a TE that can block and work the short area of the field. I was skeptical that the Saints were really going to give Hill a shot, but it's looking more and more like Payton is really going to give Hill a legitimate shot.
Do you think the Saints took Stevens with the intent of shopping Taysom?

Do you think the Saints took Stevens with the intent of shopping Taysom?

No. I think they took him with the intent of not having to use Hill as much in the Swiss Army Knife role, giving him more snaps at QB, and as a possible future backup to Hill when Brees retires.

Obviously I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

I think we probably would of drafted a receiver and corner if we didn’t trade most of the draft away. I don’t think the Saints were planning on doing that until the guy fell so far

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom