Forum Wisdom was 1 for 3 in the Draft (1 Viewer)

Piper Aydair

Very Banned
Reaction score
The forum majority seemed to believe our priorities were QB, LB and WR in no particular order. We were only right about LB.

All the predictions of a Burrows trade up and then a Tua trade up and then a Love trade up were pipe dreams.

Being a fan is fun - being a Manager is not. This is why it's ok to complain about what we do in the draft as a fan. We don't have a job on the line! lol.

I picked OL for the first round. Wanted LB, but I just had that feeling Saints would surprise as they’ve done multiple years.

Maybe not wrong. Just how the picks fell to Saints board.

Maybe, but Love fell to us and we passed. Our Draft picks were a known limitation yet a lot of us continued to believe against reason that somehow we would be able to get Tua or even Burrows. I think we would all suck as GMs.

I can readily admit that I was wrong on the first round pick. While I considered the possibility that the Saints could take an OL and could go with a particular WR, I believed that they would draft a CB. Jenkins signed a two-year extension for cap purposes, but it is still effectively a one year deal. I thought they would draft their favorite CB at #24, then add a LB and WR later.

I also never thought QB was a realistic possibility in the early rounds, nor did I think any of them were worth a pick in the first two days, except for maybe Hurts. I am very happy the Saints did not take one.

I never believed that QB was a serious target. I did believe that WR was a target but I based that mostly on what "I think" I know about SP. I bet that his love of weapons would make this class irresistible.

Yeah, and I still wonder what would have happened if Jefferson had not gone two picks before we took Ruiz.

In the one thread, I expected Queen/ Wanted Ruiz/didn't want a receiver.

I'm not going to do all the digging to find the posts but in just about every "Saints have to draft a WR" thread I've been saying for months that people need to prepare themselves to the fact that the Saints would probably go Oline at #24.

I've been called everything from an idiot to a long eared mule because of my opinion.

It's not that the Saints wouldn't benefit from another skilled playmaker but it all starts upfront with the BIG people and from the way the Oline has faded at the end of the last couple of seasons that need was never bigger than it is right now.

As long as the pass rush pushes the Oline back into Brees's lap we could expect much of the same no matter how many playmakers they trot out onto the field.

I'm not going to do all the digging to find the posts but in just about every "Saints have to draft a WR" thread I've been saying for months that people need to prepare themselves to the fact that the Saints would probably go Oline at #24.

I've been called everything from an idiot to a long eared mule because of my opinion.

It's not that the Saints wouldn't benefit from another skilled playmaker but it all starts upfront with the BIG people and from the way the Oline has faded at the end of the last couple of seasons that need was never bigger than it is right now.

As long as the pass rush pushes the Oline back into Brees's lap we could expect much of the same no matter how many playmakers they trot out onto the field.

I think the sack fumble in the post season was the kicker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom